Ace 10o

G

gazujii

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
For me this is such a bogey set of hole cards I have been reviewing my stats on these and the amount of times I have come unstuck with it has surprised me!

Anyone else in the same boat?
I always seem to get tempted to play but rarely seem to win the pot!

I think I need to start to remember to fold this bogey combo more

NightStalker

NightStalker

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I like to play A10o. I had a good history of winning many hands with this play.

A

abpoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't like it very much, but it's okay situationally. Like being able to get in cheap, or if the table folds to me in late position. But it's tricky because if you hit your ace, you never really feel comfortable with your 10 kicker.

Phoenix Wright

Phoenix Wright

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't like it very much, but it's okay situationally. Like being able to get in cheap, or if the table folds to me in late position. But it's tricky because if you hit your ace, you never really feel comfortable with your 10 kicker.

+1 I think I score well with ATo, but only because I don't over-value it. The Ten is a solid kicker, but will always play second fiddle to likely premium or near-premium hands. I am not afraid to fold ATo, but I think it is a decent starting hand if the situation is right, or you are able to get in cheaply.

IntenseHeat

IntenseHeat

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't have any problem playing A-10. I do recommend that you don't let yourself get carried away with it, though.

G

gazujii

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't have any problem playing A-10. I do recommend that you don't let yourself get carried away with it, though.

I think that is probably my issue as a new starting out player getting abit too carried away with it and perhaps not fully reading the board in front of me.

Deedgee

Deedgee

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Statistically speaking, A-10 has, approximately, the same value and weight as pocket sevens or pocket eights.

D

daniel888

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I just play ATo when I have a late position and mostly is the person opening raise. ATo is a hand that has reverse implied odds, it's really hard to gauge the strength. It often leads to trouble situations when we are hard to fold but most of them go to a loss. I never mind folding this hand if I face against tough opponents even I have the position.

N

NicoVlopez

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I personally believe that whenever we talk about a hand, it must be in relation to the position from which we play it. Obviously ATo played from UTG (fullring) is a marginal hand, while played from the button being the first to speak is a more than acceptable hand. I think it is more important to study the complete spots more than the hands isolated.

MrPokerVerse

MrPokerVerse

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Mine was A Q as a loser. After running HH, was over playing this hand in all positions. Was an easy adjustment, it now a winner for me. My guess it might be the same with A 10.

VVi10

VVi10

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Sometimes could be a nice hand, depending on the position you are at the table, how many players ij the hand and the tournament phase, but also could be bad hand in some occasions, you need to think about all these things to consider this hand

SightUnseen

SightUnseen

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Don't be results oriented, any two cards can win in this crazy game. You need to be more aware of your position at the table, how the opponents are playing, the dynamic of the situation relies heavily on the outcome even if you don't have a hand. Play poker, not cards. Look to make good decisions, don't fold just cause the hand wasn't winning for you in the past, that is a losing play long term. Ride the ebbs and flow.

Last edited:
D

Delfino

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
AT can be played profitably from late positions just remember that these kind of hands don't win big pots. I like to raise with it from late position and fire continuation bet if flop structure is ok. If I occasionaly hit an ace I should have the best hand. If I hit something like second pair with T usually I can also take the pot. Just don't feel to tied to it and be prepared to fold. The only flop I'm willing to go all-in with such a hand is trips of ten, as I have the top kicker for it.

On the contrary this type of hand played from early position is very hard. If you limp in you will often get raised by stronger hand and you will be very often dominated. If you try to raise with it yourself, you can be called by stronger hand and you will be out of position on the flop. I would usually fold AT from UTG as I doubt it could be profitable in full ring.