The Accidental Call

UberRogue

UberRogue

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
With ACR down I loaded up pokerstars (play money version). playing 50/100nlh I was kind of playing and reading some poker articles.

Anyways I had Q9c which I would normally fold but I accidentally hit call. That is when I realized the donk behind me raised like 18k.

The flop was crazy somethin like As, Qh, and 2c. The turn was a 7c then the river was the 9c giving me a flush.

The donk had 76s.

Has anyone else made a mistake like that and have it work out in the end?

P

PKRNRS

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes. I have hit that dang call button once too many times before. It really sucks when I think I want to call a marginal hand but the donk goes all-in right before I click "call" and I really call the all in. Sometimes my 87 suited wins though.

Empress

Empress

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes! I've accidentally called when I was alt+tabbed on a different screen. Poker window popped back up on my turn and I clicked to scroll at the same time. It was a tournament I was playing and the player before had raised all in. Called it on a completely crappy hand -- like 4 6 off suit or similar. My stomach lurched but ended up winning with a straight. The other players had 10, J, Q, K, A combos :\

Empress

Empress

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am not *proud* of that accidental call either, mind you. I was actually kind of embarrassed because I ended up looking like a complete donkey and the other players fired up the chat windows with angry comments.

WhereDidMyEVGo

WhereDidMyEVGo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hmm...two 9c, sounds rigged.

VivicvrMga

VivicvrMga

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Miss click happens unfortunately, it already happened to me and it worked out with 32-hit 33A on the flop, but I also lost with A2 in the same way

S

Stacker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I assume you are in the states. Have you tried ignition for money games? I like the site mostly.

MIljanho

MIljanho

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Play money game i call in real money game and lost all my stack in tournament with 44 dolar buy in.

SPANKYSN

SPANKYSN

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It can happen often when playing multiple tables that overlap...you think you are folding on one screen, but end up calling on the pop-up screen...sometimes it works out, but usually not.

Vfranks

Vfranks

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yeah I used to do it more often than I do now. When you could play FTP in the USA before Black Friday I was trying out the Table Ninja free trial program while multi tabling. While trying to write notes on players I went all in on multiple tables or something stupid like that. Happened more than once, when I first tried that program.I folded recently on ACR when I meant to call also, which I guess isn't as bad as calling, but I was still a bit disappointed in myself lol.
At least you did it on a play money table and not while playing 100NL or something :).

ScottieDuncan

ScottieDuncan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I've done it before but was a donk in the case.

A

acemenow

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have done it in both scenarios - won a huge pot I should have lost (in theory) well I would never have normally been in the hand. And others called due to a misclick due to flipping between too many screens or just wasn't paying attention.

Worst time was in a private $1 MTT just got to heads up and had double the stack of my opponent only to lose my lead cause he pushed all in and I misclicked (actually the mouse button got stuck, and when I freed it I called his all in with some serious rags) - but it has happened in my favor as well so what can you do

Spaceman

Spaceman

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My most notable misclick was joining a 27$ tourney when I thought it was a 0.50$ tourney.

I tripled my starting stack in the first hand with pocket aces. I thought "hey, I might make it into the money if I play my best."

Two hands later, I had Ace Jack. Raised preflop big. Got two callers. Flopped an Ace on dry flop. I raised, I get re-raised and as a 0,50$ tourney player I was, I shoved. I got one fold and one call.

From a flopped set.