I need poker to fund me through university I can't afford to do this I need my income can't waste time.
heres a little advice on how to do it on pokerstars
though as i micro managed a $50 balance past four figures once.
1. reduce variance don't play mtts instead play single table sit and goes, the $5 double or nothings are great for this as they have little variance and if u have an above average poker ability and some common sense been a winner here is not hard.
2. use your ffps wisely these are your insurance and can be what keeps you alive basically 250 ffps can buy your way into a turbo satellite for the sunday 250k. basic hand selection and straight shove or fold poker can get you above the 1.6c for each ffp mark which is very good price.
3. use ffps only when needed eg not every time u hit 250 ffps but only when your on a downer and need that injection keeping insurance is generally a good idea.
4. do not repeat do not take time out to attack yourself or anything around you when you go on a bad run due to people doing ridiculously stupid stuff. This only leaves you with awkward questions as to black eyes, and distracted from the other tables you are on.
5. I have grown past tilt now and no longer hit myself please don't lecture me on past mistakes I have out grown.
6. Do not use the call moderator button to swear at the moderator and accuse them of fixing the site, it only gets u banned from the chat and gives u worse luck.
yeah it wasn't all a joy ride as you can tell but I am finally getting the hang of playing poker professionally albeit at a low level.