A chat about chatting

F

freestocks

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Do y'all like to chat with other players in cash games or tourny's?

TheKAAHK

TheKAAHK

CardsChat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Sometimes. I prefer to keep it friendly, so I won't engage an arse. But usually, unless I know the other player or the chat is lively and friendly, I just keep silent.

youregoodmate

youregoodmate

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I always chat with people. Like Norman Chad always says, we must remember to be people. Keeping quiet doesn't increase my WR so I'll make friends at the table and have a laugh.

O

oreska7

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don like the chat very much. When i play i often listen to music or something and try to concetrate on the game, don t have much time for chatting

arizoney

arizoney

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
it all depends if im only playing one or more tables if im on one table i can chat ok but with more i dont usually chat cause i cant catch the dialog. but if it is a person i know i will try.

J

joe777

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do it once in a while,but not all the time cause

i dont want to lost focus on the game.

theRaven68

theRaven68

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am not interested in chating and I just keep silent except I know the other player or the chat is very interesting

J

JDOG1982

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Im more of a listener, i like it when some arse goes off it for some reason.

PapaC

PapaC

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I listen most of the time too. But if it's someone I know I chat with them a lot

A

adnen1985

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
i like chat with other players in cash games or tourneys and know new people around the world

youregoodmate

youregoodmate

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it all depends if im only playing one or more tables if im on one table i can chat ok but with more i dont usually chat cause i cant catch the dialog. but if it is a person i know i will try.

How do you multi-table live? They never let me..

F

fordman427

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is how I do it

M

mihai_aa

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
i prefer to concentrate on the game...but if someone is ask me something i will reply

E

ElJenda

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't like chat but sometimes have to say something. All depends on people around table.

zEric7x

zEric7x

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
... Keeping quiet doesn't increase my WR so I'll make friends at the table and have a laugh.

(I think) nobody ever says anything worthwhile and some people say stuff that to me is tilting and I end up in a chat war and stop paying atention to my play.

You could say just dont do that but... it is not that easy. At least for me it is not.

F

freestocks

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
(I think) nobody ever says anything worthwhile and some people say stuff that to me is tilting and I end up in a chat war and stop paying atention to my play.

You could say just dont do that but... it is not that easy. At least for me it is not.

I used to try to put people on tilt. I have been cursed at in many languages!

youregoodmate

youregoodmate

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

I keep quiet if Im involved in a hand, unless I think it will be to my advantage to talk, i.e needling someone into calling or folding, but generally I am completely silent.

I mainly just mean in terms of general chit-chat, most of the time we aren't involved in hands, so I'd rather have a laugh with the table than spend my night sat in silence.

K

Kibic1302

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Oh chat help off balance not one player. I laugh every time someone writes me after losing hands 'fish': D

J

JDOG1982

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Oh chat help off balance not one player. I laugh every time someone writes me after losing hands 'fish': D

Oh yes, i do the love the good old 'Fish' response, it makes me giggle. Then just waiting to see if they bite back.

Staneff

Staneff

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like chatting but it seems no1 like to chat w/ me. :D
It's hard to say more than "nh" when no1 answers you.

1blanqueanu1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
respect that all of us playing in a poker table are people. But how to play poker is advisable to talk to chat with others?
wonder why many good players have told me that the chat should not be used if one is to never play poker.
I think if you play professionally except sometimes, you should not use the chat almost never. Now if played recreationally is perfect, always with respect and that respect is something to keep everyone.

D

davem86

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
sometimes i do sometimes i dont.
Few players talk can be annoying at times which I often will just mute them but most the time i deal with it.

bracadelija

bracadelija

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sometimes we chat and sometimes do not still love poker and I look upon it as a gentleman's game and when we are approached always say of course with respect.

Largebalance

Largebalance

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think there should be a way to instantly notify Admin when a player is going over the line such as racist comments or ridiculously rude and nasty insulting chat, I believe if the poker rooms installed such a device and took away offenders chat privledges and showed it like with an x on their avitar you would see less nastiness