Is a break in Poker Good?

K

kapos77

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
UA
Chips
it is good that there is a break, if a long tournament, and without interruption, to sit for 8 hours or more, so at least you can rest, smoke, have a snack and other.

skavenger

skavenger

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You have every reason ... to stay a few days without poker greatly improves your game, but do not stop playing, otherwise, nothing will change! ;]

C

Cory55

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For me after a break ,and having poker off the mind for a while has a negative affect , I need to have poker on the brain relatively often to keep on top of my game ,

grinya774

grinya774

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When I feel that tired and make bad decisions, I will take a break from poker.

S

SweatPea

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
even texas dolly in his original super system said a vacation did him wonders he played better than ever when he came back. sometimes its what our brain needs

tihomir_kula

tihomir_kula

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
Tournament brakes are good for concentration recovery.

chicopaw

chicopaw

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
mant times when ur nose-diving,it is best to shut down for a day or two,when things are going bad,youre going to continue making mistakes
A breather is good for the mind an pocket book

doggycfg

doggycfg

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play 2-3 hours depends from tournaments!!!After game I walking
on park clears from depression by table!)))))

A

Alex12122312

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Definitely need breaks. After several defeats negative emotions overflow. Therefore, as in any work needed weekend.

M

mad_chils139

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Especially on a downswing it is very good to get time off the felt and grind.. I for instance like to get back to studying if im on a downswing and try to focus on how to better my game and kind of learn from the mistakes i make in order to play better

Xcoder

Xcoder

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I take many breaks away from the poker table. When I'm not playing or working I'll read some poker books or play some video games. The escape is good for me, I can't seem to enjoy myself as much when I do something non-stop for long periods of time.

ubo

ubo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
of course a break is always good.
How can you stand it?

chicopaw

chicopaw

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i think of it this way, if you work for 52 weeks/1 yr ,with no time off,most of us become frustrated ,aggitated,loose it on occasions with friends ,then we go home and all hell breaks loose.like all the things in life-YES you need to take a breather,for happiness, mindset and family values !!!!!!!

Alex Sentsov

Alex Sentsov

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes, of course. Sometimes you just need to take a break. To reboot so to speak.

K

kaetzchenfg

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think a break is important. Sometimes my games is not so googd, because I make the same mistakes again and again. Or I am not concentrated enought. Sometimes there is a downswing. Flips do not hold or I loose with the better hand in a row. Then I become frustrated and that effects my game for negative. So I have to Keep away from the tables a Little bit.

T

tallent74

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I believe breaks to be rewarding to me.

I find that I get a little poker drunk when I play non stop for days. When I take a break for a couple of days I seem to be able to focus again.
When I keep playing without a break I seem to start playing any 2 card and hope for the best. Especially when I am on a bad run. I just want to play so I play anything that resembles a hand.

So yes for me a break can regain my focus and help me play better cards.

P

plyto777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
when the game is not (tilt) I take a break otherwise you can lose your entire bankroll

diadiavalik

diadiavalik

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Rest of poker can give you a sense of clarity, which previously lacked. When you play too often (whenever awake), your thoughts may be under the constant influence of the game. Many hours of grind and repetition of the same situations, also increases the risk of playing on autopilot. Everyone knows that if you do not think through solutions rather well, you have not be able to maximize your advantage over your opponents.
Rest of the game allows you to think about the decisions taken at the tables, and modify what could often lead to negative sessions. Instead of constantly jumping to the tables in the middle of the game, spend some time away from the tables, giving yourself the opportunity to clear the mind, to evaluate and work out those potential errors or problems that may arise in your game in the future.

CriesuaID

CriesuaID

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Nothing better for your game than one or two days without Poker. (Or without playing real money poker).

trezvennick

trezvennick

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that rest of poker is very necessary! But not for a long time. And in my opinion in this rest must be present favorite hobby-football skating snowboarding chess or something else which really brings you only positive emotions

D

Docriver1983

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think brakes and poker are always a good idea it is always good to stand up stretch your legs go to the restroom and smoke them if you got them

D

Docriver1983

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think brakes in poker are always a good idea it is always good to stand up stretch your legs go to the restroom

A

adrianB1989

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Taking a break in poker helps a lot.You disconnect from that way of thinking and see what can you do better and where you have to work more.Also after a bad beat it's helpfull to take a break

Vovanchik150

Vovanchik150

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
TT

Break poker necessary thing, because you can really think about it analyze your wrong moves and add yourself to the note on the following poker games !!! In general, the break allows Activities to other hobbies such as go fishing)):)

1putnik

1putnik

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Of course, sometimes the breaks should be done in the game, sometimes it is useful to analyze your game and errors. And just to give a little cool the head and nervous system.