6 Plus Holdem

R

rigor mortis

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Has anybody tried out the 6 Plus Holdem, which is supposidly sweeping the nation? It seems a bit wierd to me, with fewer cards in the deck (2 to 6 removed) and different hand rankings from the normal poker rankings. It's all a bit gimmiky and long time players could get fooled with the different hand rankings, thinking they had won, when they hadn't.

G

Gr34tWh1t3

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I was about to play it last evening but ... after reading the rules and found there's
different hand rankings I passed since i knew I wont remember once I sit and playa few hands and just get angry over it after.
But, I might give it a try at some later stage.
How do you find it if you played it yourself ? more action packed I suppose but apart from that?

Andrew Popov

Andrew Popov

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You are not surprised that there are different rules in Razz or Stud?! It's just a different game, with different rules.

J

Joonnn1212

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've tried out some short deck and it's quite fun! With many more playable hands, the game plays a lot quicker than regular holdem, so it's great if you like action! I am pumped that ACR implemented it already so I can continue to mess around with it online. If you enjoy watching the pros, the Triton Poker youtube channel uploads some high stakes action with people like Dwan and Jason Koon.

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Why not? This is not the worst game I've seen. Just the rules are a little different and you need to remember this.

R

rigor mortis

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Best thing you can do to keep yourself right when you start out is to write down the hand rankings and keep it handy as you play.

T

timz10

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
6+

only 2 hand rank changes set beats straight flush beats full house after a bit of play you will see why get straights all day flush very rare as 9 of suit instead of13:cool:

R

rafffinamore

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I never played I'll try to play it one day to know if it changes a lot, which poker room is he having to play?

Syltan

Syltan

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I will describe this game in this way:
More action, more rake, more earnings for the poker room, especially for pokerstars because they have virtually no rakeback.

Live Dealer Holdem - Texas Holdem Poker Rules