6 max vs heads-up *live* NLHE

P

PokerEstrella

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi,

I have played some poker over the last several months both online and live. Small group of people about 3 tables of 6.

I play a fairly aggressive heads-up game, which has served me well. But when I take my heads-up mentality and odds calculations to 6 players, I lose to hands like higher full houses, or the river screws me.

Can someone explain some basic odds differences between heads-up and 6 max live poker?

This is for No-Limit Hold'em. Thank you!

N

NBB

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi,

I have played some poker over the last several months both online and live. Small group of people about 3 tables of 6.

I play a fairly aggressive heads-up game, which has served me well. But when I take my heads-up mentality and odds calculations to 6 players, I lose to hands like higher full houses, or the river screws me.

Can someone explain some basic odds differences between heads-up and 6 max live poker?

This is for No-Limit Hold'em. Thank you!
This will not answer your question directly, but it may shed just a little light overall.

Note: hopefully someone with an advanced mathematically degree can add some credence to my explanation.

When playing head-up, the percentages of you hitting any of your outs has improved to a large extent.

Think of it this way, there are 52 cards in the deck and when you are in a 6 player tourney your number of outs remain the same, but mathematically, they are diminished due to the possibility that some of those outs could be voided by any number of the remaining opponents being dealt them.

So even though you have x outs from the 52 card deck, in actuality your outs equal x – (opponents having part of your outs)

Last edited:
Organize a Home Poker Game