S3mper

S3mper

Poker Not Checkers
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
The five miute break, too long? too short? or just right? The break can be something you look forward to either when you need to stretch your legs or get a snack. sometimes the break seems like it isnt going to be long enough for instance when nature calls and the entire time your in the bathroom your staring at the clock on your phone or maybe you just bring the laptop in with you \. However more often in not (for me) I find the break too long and this happens when I have nothing to do during the break I just find myself staring at the break timer everytime astounded at how five minutes can last so long. it seems to be a rare occasion that the five minutes comes at the right time and ends perfectly when your ready to start playing again. What is your thoughts on these breaks? (Yes I'm glad they have em "sometimes")

MiamiMadePunk

MiamiMadePunk

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I prefer the break to be 10-15 minutes long instead, that'll give me time for everything. 5 minutes is just to short for me IMO.

masondub

masondub

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I feel like 5 minutes is just right but it depends. Sometimes I could use an extra 5 minutes and sometimes I wish there was no damn break at all!

bezobrazny

bezobrazny

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Definitely to short. Ten minutes would be great.

Martin

Martin

Scokyl's Scoundrels
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
5 minutes is more than enough time for me to get another drink.

TakinOver

TakinOver

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think too short. 10 minutes is good but sometimes i just want to get it over with also.

M

Marginal

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
do you guys actually want to finish the tournament? 10m or 15m for every hour is way too long.

hobonc

hobonc

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think 5 minutes is about right. Seems like it used to be 4 minutes on Tilt or Stars a few years ago if memory serves me correctly. That wasn't too bad either. I would like to see 1 longer break if it were a tourney that lasted more than 4 hours though.

As for taking my laptop into the restroom with me, I avoid that at all costs...it can cause you to get crappy hands.

M

Marginal

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think 5 minutes is about right. Seems like it used to be 4 minutes on Tilt or Stars a few years ago if memory serves me correctly. That wasn't too bad either. I would like to see 1 longer break if it were a tourney that lasted more than 4 hours though.

As for taking my laptop into the restroom with me, I avoid that at all costs...it can cause you to get crappy hands.

Yea before synchronized breaks on stars after every 6 hours there was a 15 minute break (as apposed to 5 minutes) but that was probably like 3 or 5 years ago.

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think 5 minutes it's enough time for a little rest even though sometimes I need more time, specially after the 4th break.

snklzona

snklzona

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
IMO 5 is more than enough and sometimes to long...I strictly play on a laptop so drinks and kitchen runs game goes with...same with smoke breaks to the garage...but prefer to leave computer outside the bathroom so five every other break and 3 in between would work better...

aero87

aero87

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think its a good nice round figure. It won't make everyone happy but I think its the best.

It just stinks when you are at the final table bubble and its all tense and someone is really short stacked and their big blind is almost up and BREAK TIME. LoL.

D

dead homie

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
5 minutes is perfect, if it was 10 minutes in would have to be every 2 hours, every hour would frusturate me too much.

duggs

duggs

Killing me softly
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
frankly id be fine with breaks every 2 hours

daredeviljo

daredeviljo

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I believe 5 minutes is perfect! Enough to get food/drink, or go to the bathroom... Enough to go outside for a smoke or turn on the AC. Enough to watch a bit of your favourite sport, or go outside for a quick jog around the block... What I'm trying to say is, is that 5 minutes is a short time, but long enough to do a lot of events in that time period.

T

Titito

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A 5min time break is not bad, because it pleases almost everybody.

Even us, and i am taking me as example, sometimes feel that 5min is too long, because we are "on fire" and with will to play again fast, but then again, there are some days, when i need to stop to go to the bathroom, to eat something, or even just to smoke a cigar (i can not smoke inside my house due to the fact of having a small baby, so i need to come to the street to smoke it) when i feel 5min break is too short.
With this in mind, i think 5min is just right.

What i think it is not so right, is the time players have to make their decisions/to play, because many players take this to the limit to try to get to the number of players that will receive some kind of prize, and that is annoying (to wait one time, and other, and again, and again, and again.....)
I think 5 secs, and then a 15secs time bank would be enough to those who are REALLY playing.
For those who are playing but needed to went away for a minute, it will not be a big lost. On the other hand, those who make everybody wait again and again, wouldn't have a big incentive to do it, because this kind of aproach would not bring them to anywhere.

Please do apologise my bad English

XDavidX808

XDavidX808

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think a 5 minute break isnt needed. Do a break every like 2 hours. For like 10 minutes or something. You are always on a hot streak and poof a break happens and your hot streak is gone, or even being on the bubble or ft bubble and a break happens and you just want to play

bushy_lufc

bushy_lufc

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think they have it spot on as it is really they have to be consistent on all sites so 5 to the hour is fine and the break being shorter wouldn't give you time to grab a drink/snack and go to the toilet. If it was longer than 5 minutes then i can see a lot of people getting bored of waiting and this in turn may slow down traffic.

XXPXXP

XXPXXP

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
my idea is , a 20-25 long break , ever 3 hours....instead of every hour 5 minutes....

to settle some "go to restroom problems" LOL

Wolfpack43ACC

Wolfpack43ACC

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
LOL @ 5 minutes being too short. If anything a 5 minute break every hour is lame. Give me a 5 minute break every 2 hours. I like to play so let's play. Do not look forward to breaks unless I want to smoke and not cigs.

tracyrickrobby

tracyrickrobby

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i think 3 mins is plenty!! 5 mins a little too long, breaks up the momentum!! but i doubt they will ever change it!!!

EvertonGirl

EvertonGirl

Professional Fish
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I would prefer 10 min breaks, gives me plenty of time to sort myself out :)

Z

Zin

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
5 minutes is ok if you get the full 5 minutes but one never does. 10 minutes would be perfect, clock starts when last hand is dealt before break.

A

aRoseIsaRose

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I play on NLOP and the breaks are from 3 to 5 minutes every half an hour. Wayyy too many breaks.

MadMaddie

MadMaddie

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think five minutes is perfect amount of time for a break each hour.