4 Months of Poker - my observations
I never played poker until 4 months ago, and feel that I am now at the stage where i've got a firm(ish) grasp of the game - now to push on and make some money. I have over the course of this period come to realise the following;
- Better players get more bad beats than worse one (cos they play better cards and therefore are more likely to be leading at river.
- Some players you play, will just be lucky, and continouly outdraw you.
- You won't win every tournament regardless of how well you play.
- You DO sometimes catch a break, you DONT always lose with AA and Pocket pairs DO sometimes hold up.
- You can't bluff on low money pay tables
- It takes ages and ages (and ages) to clear 1,000 raked hands
- If someone playing a freeroll tells
you they are a professional poker player, they are lying.
- A player who pushes all in on 4 consecutive hands will flip AA when you call all in with KK on the 5th
- If someone types "oops, i didn't mean to press all-in" when they press all-in, they did mean to press all-in when they press all-in (p.s No I DIDNT fall for it!)
- If you get AJ, flop will be KQ and if you get KQ flop will be AJ (and 10 won't come)
Back to work!