Is $25 enough?

T

Thrash85

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
my buddy sent me 25 bucks on tilt i normally play on pokerstars but i was just wondering if 25 is enough to build a bank roll or if i can should i try and put 25 more on.

F

feitr

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
$50 would be alot better so you could comfortably play $2 or $3 sngs, but $25 is definitely doable.

goborage

goborage

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
$25 is fine. Just play those 1.25 9 man SnGs.

Egon Towst

Egon Towst

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You can do it with $25 if you are patient and grind it upward in the very low buy-in games, but it would be easier with ~$100.

In my early days playing online, my usual deposit at a new site was $30, and I have several times grown that to over a thousand. Now that I have a much bigger BR, I usually start with $100 and play $5 MTTs. I get 20 shots for my $100, and will normally hit a final table and bounce my balance up to a good level within those 20 tries.

B

Bren

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Play the smallest tourneys.
It'll take a while longer, but just keep playing the low priced games until you can move up.

Chizzle0323

Chizzle0323

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If I was able to turn $50 into over $1,000, then you cna surely turn $25 into something. Play smart and disciplined.

M

mallyworld

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you can't make a good bankroll out of $25, then do you really think you can make one out of more? Just play games where you can make money...either ring games or $1 s&g

R

Rasduce

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
my buddy sent me 25 bucks on tilt i normally play on pokerstars but i was just wondering if 25 is enough to build a bank roll or if i can should i try and put 25 more on.
That depends what your game is. if You like ring games, Full Tils the lowest is 0.05-010, and for that 25 dollars is a little low. If you like sit n gos 25 dollars should do just fine if begin at the lowest level.

ChasersWanted

ChasersWanted

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
$25 is fine to start out with, my friend turned it into a few hundred. He started out by playing lower limit ring/sng games, after he got to $75 he went up a $1-2 in buy-in sng's. It won't work this way for everyone but it is possible to do. gl at the tables and i hope you do the same.

I

I_B_Freaky

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Your only choice with 25.00 is the lowest SNG's. 22 $1.10 or 11 $2.20. I don't see how you could play a ring game. Two bad beats and your broke.

brianvoytek

brianvoytek

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Proper BRM and you'll be fine. I liked starting with $50 or $100, but $25 that was GIVEN to you means you're on a freeroll right now and anything you make is all profit.

Play smart and you'll build that roll up in no time. :)

JimmyBrizzy

JimmyBrizzy

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes. You can do it, but it might be a little frustrating, especially on FullTilt than compared with PokerStars.

As people have mentioned, the smallest ring game stakes the FT has is 10NL, with a relatively steep rake nonetheless. PokerStars is a lot better if you want to get into ring.

If you're a STT and MTT player you should be fine. The rake on both sites is on a much more even level, but FT's have quicker blinds in their tournaments (SnG's at least). It may add a little more variance in your results which wouldn't be ideal with a $25 bankroll, but it just requires a little different skill set to beat them. I think FT's blinds go up every 6 minutes for as compaired to 10 minutes for Stars. So in that sense they are almost like a turbo. I believe there are articles on strategies for them in our archives.

jroyfus

jroyfus

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
$25 is fine if you don't mind grinding.

I would much rather start with $100 or $200 though

makes it alot easier and can play better limits.

gl on your quest :cool:

M

maolitas

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Good to know that it's possible to build a BR with a couple of bucks.
I'll definitely have to try soon :)

U

uncleterry

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i started with a freeroll and have got it up to 184$ so anything is possible good luck

Latvian Queen

Latvian Queen

Enthusiast
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
If you have enough patience, you can turn the $25 in a nice bank roll. Someone suggested to play $1.25 SNG...I think that if SNGs is what you will choose to play, start with the $2.25 tables, as the admin fee is the same and pay-out is bigger. Good luck!

V

vladholdem

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
i think $25 its ok for sng , for ring u`ll need more , good luck anyways ;-)

the lab man

the lab man

CardsChat Irregular
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes you can turn 25.00 into more money.

Decide which games you want to play.

Ring SnG or MTTs

Play the lowest buy-ins of games.

Don't move up to fast

and good luck

T

Thrash85

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks everyone, i play mainly sngs and mtt, i would like to start with more but like i said i mainly play at pokerstars where i have a decent sized BR, i just wanted to see if i can turn 25 into a decent bankroll, i played 3 1.25 9 person sit n gos last night cashed in all 3, 2-3rds and a 1st, and i played the ferguson but was 50 away from cashing so my roll is at 28 something so the quest starts ;). someone said something about playing the 2 dollar sngs since the fee is still the same, what are others peoples thoughts on that? should i stick with the 1 dollars for awhile or could i play the 2 dollars?

Pike60

Pike60

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
People have turned freeroll winnings into hundreds and more so $25 is a good booster. As was said BR management is key though.
As for your $2 question, after playing a few $1.25 games and have added to your BR try the $2.25 games and see where it takes you.If you drop back to your $25 base, go back to the $1.25 games again.

Something you might want to try in the $2.25 range is the 36 seat SnG sat games.4 places paid but winner gets a $50 + $5 Super Sunday $500K ticket. A good ROI for the money if you win.I've converted these tickets to tourney dollars and cash if I couldn't make the big game.

iMaGiN.

iMaGiN.

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I made my roll from freerolls...$25 is more than enough...Hell I just turned $1.84 to $600 in less than 2 weeks.

DarkAceMafia

DarkAceMafia

Enthusiast
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
$25 is more than enough. Let me tell you what I did. I won a freeroll and was paid $.65. yup 65 cents. I then played for .60 their daily doubl satellite tournament. Made top 8 which paid out a $24 token. I then cashed in that token for $22. I then started playing their 3.30 KO Sit n Go 90 players. Made 50 dollars there. I continued to play similar tournaments and in 3 days I turned that .65 cents to $900. So Yes $25 is more than enough.

D

David Pisch

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
25 $ is fine, but nothing with you can start building a real bankroll. In my opinion you should start with a br from 50 bucks.But you can/should try it!!
pl write back if you was successfull.

buckster436

buckster436

Cardschat Hall of Famer - RIP Buck
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
well first of all theres a $50. Minimum deposit at FT, but you can do it, over 3 years ago when we could use neteller i deposited $50. into my Neteller account, then i deposited $20. at Noble poker when we could play there too, Thanks to the USA government we cant use Neteller or play at certain sites, anyways, i built a bankroll with the $20 i put on Noble and have never deposited again,, so, it can be done if you play smart and use bankroll management, i only play certain events and only play MTT`s,, hope that answers your question,, gl,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, buck:)

D

dowen

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Heck, Does your buddy need a NEW buddy? My bankroll is only .88 cents on FTP.