2007 WSOP Predictions
Well, we are on the eve of the start of the 2007 WSOP
, so I figured I'd throw a bunch of predictions out there for fun. The only prediction I made last year was that Hellmuth would not win his 10th bracelet and then he went and did that while I was in the room. Presently, I don't plan on making it to this year's WSOP so I guess Phil will have to wait to get #11.
Anyway, here we go:
* The Main Event will have more participants than last year
Even though most people seem to think the UIGEA will cut down on the online entries (which it will), there are tons of live satellites that are run 24/7 at the Rio and they had to turn away people last year. So my guess is that it barely clips last year and 9,153 play in the Main Event.
* A woman will win a bracelet (other than the Ladies event)
* No one will win 2 bracelets this year
* Jeff Madsen will make a final table, but will not win any bracelets
* Bill Chen (last year's other double bracelet winner) will cash 3 times, but that's it.
* Daniel Negreanu and Phil Ivey will NOT win bracelets.
* Phil Hellmuth, Johnny Chan, and Doyle Brunson will stay tied at 10 bracelets each.
* Erik Seidel will get his 8th bracelet.
* A woman will make the final table of the Main Event, but not win.
* An amateur will win the Main Event.
* There will be 2 pros at the final table of the Main Event.
* Gavin Smith will win the prop bet between him, Joe Seebok, and Jeff Madsen and be carried into the Main Event on a throne.
* J.C. Tran, Paul Wasicka, and Joe Hachem will win bracelets.
* Anna Wroblewski will make 4 final tables.
* Jamie Gold will survive Day 1 of the Main Event but will bust out on Day 2.
* Chris Moneymaker and Greg Raymer will not survive Day 1 of the ME.
* Mike Matusow will make 1 final table.
* Chip Reese will repeat as the $50K HORSE Champion.
* Phil Gordon will make no final tables.
* Phil Hellmuth and Men the Master will have 14 cashes combined.