2-4 beating aces

odranorkan

odranorkan

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Last night I was playing cash game, and I received Aces in the cutoff, I raised 2 blinds and the BB (LAG player) gave 3-bet for 8 blinds. I just called to hide the strength of my hand.

the flop came 486 rainbow, he gave C-bet 8 blinds and I raised 3x, he called.

The turn came a queen, he checked and I checked behind.

River came another 4, he checked, I bet 20 blinds, he thought for a moment and gave all in, I thought and I called. He showed 2-4 suited and I lost the pot.

As he was a LAG player, I thought a fold was out of the question, plus I was just losing to 4-X, 5-7, 6-6, 8-8, Q-Q. What would you do?

bijan777

bijan777

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Maby you agrsive player and hi dont blive your bet an for take your bolf do 3 bet
When flop came 4 he stik the pot
I think you juust loos to bad plyer and luck
Eny body if was in your position do like you go to allin
Somtime happent you can run of loos

R

RocwX

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It can be very annoying to have your Aces cracked, specially against a hand like 2-4. First, I would bet stronger pre-flop and, after his 3-bet, I would 4-bet (maybe all in, depending on both players' stacks). Your raise at the flop was good enough. At the turn I would bet again. By the river, if hasn't given up by that time, a check behind would be ok, because you have showdown value and the hands that would call your raise are all beating you, except for, maybe, a QX.

The point I'm trying to make is: it's dangerous to slow-play Aces. Usually I try to make people face hard decisions to keep playing against my Aces, since I don't want a bad beat on the river.

W

wrapper

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've been burned too many times by slow-playing aces against LAGs. If my opponent 3-bets, I'm 4-betting. In cash games, unless we're both over 100BB, that's usually an all-in.