$10,000 Goal.

troyer16

troyer16

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey all,
I have been playing poker for a few years online and live. I am setting a new goal and just feel like typing it out publicly will help. I am a 22 year old college graduate and have had my heart set on this $10,000 car for a year. My goal is to pay for it completely from poker. I only have $90 online right now because of graduation expenses and about $300 in my live bankroll. I will be posting graphs and updates from my live play on the weekends here. Sorry if this is a waste of forum space just wanted to type it out in an open forum. Thanks.

D

Daleyboy1234

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Good luck to you matey deffinately achievable i too am trying to build my bankroll to a similar level however i only have $50 at the moment, but again hoping to hit the dizzy heights.

Lemlywinks

Lemlywinks

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Good Luck mate, hope you can get there :)

troyer16

troyer16

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks all. I love how welcoming this forum is over another more popular one. Woulda been flammed to shit there. Just think posting this well help me acutally complete it. Will be a fun ride.

D

Daleyboy1234

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i have deffinately noticed that since joining, its really helped with my bankroll management as well.

P

Pineapplexperience

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
That's not a waste of space at all. I'll be checking in to see how your doing time to time and best of luck to you man.

luckytvguy

luckytvguy

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That's not a waste of space at all. I'll be checking in to see how your doing time to time and best of luck to you man.
You are not the first one who has the big plan on this forum.I think quite a lot player have the same dream as you.And I am also among those people.Wish you good luck.

K

kach40

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
congratulation and good chance afterwards

brianvoytek

brianvoytek

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Good luck, take it down for CC!!

PoKeRFoRNiA

PoKeRFoRNiA

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Good luck man. I can guarantee you that online will be lot harder than live. I would recommend playing live because I barely cashed out my past losses online and have 0 now since I donked rest of winnings away. I made over 10k live but I wasn't able to get past 300 dollars online. Maybe it's because I suck in general online. I cashed out 200 total since my roommate cashed out 50 for me and ever since then, we've been playing wrecklessly. If you can buy your car through playing poker online, then you'll be able to do extremely well live. If you can reach 10k online, you should honestly go pro in poker. It's good that you have bankroll of 300 because I had 200 when I first started bankroll live. Keep it up, man. This forum's got lot to offer to supplement your bankroll, strategies, tips, etc. I've received enough information about several approaches to several situations and lot of members in this site were very friendly, especially the admin of this server.

jordanbillie

jordanbillie

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm just curious what you play live with a bankroll of only $300? Do you play home games for like 10-20?

Caseace48

Caseace48

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
GL d00d, make sure you keep studying the forums to constantly be improving your game, especially for online play. There is a wealth of invaluable information spread throughout the forum that will improve your game regardless of your current skill level!

YOU CAN DOOO IT~:D

TheUndertaker

TheUndertaker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have been trying the same thing for 5months reached $200++ now i'm down to $17 LOL had some really bad luck ,playing small $1 tournaments and sit n go's can't hit anything hopefully i'll make it by the end of the year HOPEFULLY.

K

KAR1982

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Good luck! It you be really great to see you achieve your goal! That would be awesome to be able to buy a car from poker winnings. I may have to start up my own goal. lol I wiish you the best of luck. :)

PattyR

PattyR

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
best of luck to you man, ill be making the same goal sometime here in july

troyer16

troyer16

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm just curious what you play live with a bankroll of only $300? Do you play home games for like 10-20?
Lowest they have is 1-2 (100Max). I know its severly underrolled but the game is so soft on the weekends. Was making $500-$600 a weekend when i was there often a few years ago. Saved up and bought a ton of nice camera gear. Now starting again.

troyer16

troyer16

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Beat: speeding ticket. 70 in a 55. That puts a little damper on things.

S

SONIC589

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play 200nl in vegas and the games are very very soft. I usually clean up at the cash tables late at night with all the drunk tourists!!

Good luck with your goal!

E

erinh

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You are not the first one who has the big plan on this forum.I think quite a lot player have the same dream as you.And I am also among those people.Wish you good luck.

Exactly! And, having the same type of dream myself, I'm looking forward to seeing what he does/doesn't do to accomplish it. It'll be a learning opportunity for readers.

GL man!

smerald

smerald

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Good Luck to you, i hope u do it

imasquare

imasquare

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Good luck on your goal, i seen many goals of this kind set before, but i don't know if any have actually completed, 10,000 might take very long time. good luck getting there.

troyer16

troyer16

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks all. The support really means a lot. I know this is probably done all the time (posted that is) and i havent seen one accomplished either. But hey $10,000 or bust (with BRM that is!).

peacebrother

peacebrother

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Lowest they have is 1-2 (100Max). I know its severly under rolled but the game is so soft on the weekends. Was making $500-$600 a weekend when i was there often a few years ago. Saved up and bought a ton of nice camera gear. Now starting again.

Even with 300 you will be broke quick, live. Getting cold decked happens.

It would be hard to make any money at a 100 max table and what happens if your getting the right odds to call with a flush draw but do to bankroll you cant call with out putting the roll is trouble -ev. Just 1 example of of how a short roll can effect your play.

I play at a 300 max 1/2nl (I mean 1/2 20) and there is any where from 1500 to 2700+ on the table. This has made a huge difference in the amount of money that can be made in a few hours. I am averaging 15-25 an hour over 60 hours last month. My goal is to get to 2/5 as soon as possible, there is no max buy in there.

Good luck on your goal

M

mig2169

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Wow good luck, but i think u can get there faster if u play live and not in the internet, just an observation of about 7 years playing on the internet vs live poker.