:2h4:
Villain checks I raise to 90c
he calls

River
:7d4:
Villain raises 20c and I re raise to around $1.10
He re raises 90c

Hero?
Just want some opinions on what hands he is doing this with? Complete unknown.

J

JackleOfCrackle

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Also

Again against an unknown

CO raise to 15c
im in the SB with :ah4::kh4: and re raise to 55c
folds around and Villain flats

Flop
:5s4::10s4::ac4: I raise just under POT and he calls

Turn
:9s4: I raise again to around 3/4 pot and he tanks and calls

River
:as4: I check and villain raises a tiny bet compared to the pot of 45c

Hero?
Pretty gross river, checked river with the plan of just pot controlling and calling but not happy about it.
Hero?

M

mikeisthebestever

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
1rst hand
I think more details are needed on the villain for this one, is he a simple guy or he is capable of running a big bluff? Unfortunately this is a fold unless you think he has a bluff here, but everything got there and you beat no value hands at this point.

66/77/JJ A/X hearts 67 suited, <-- hands that got there
quads are unlikely but what hands do you beat here?
8/7 suited might be a hand he could turn into a bluff by blocking some full house combos? I think that is pretty ambitious

I think that is the only thing that makes sense here unless he lost his mind

2nd hand
Snap fold. That sizing is going for a crying call, no reason to waste money. Unlucky runout!

Last edited:
B

Blair29

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
First hand Isn't a good re raise on the river. With the K high flush, only a very very narrow range of hands might call you that your ahead of, and you put yourself in an awkward spot if you get re raised.

Really you are only looking to get a call from a lower flush or a 7 that somehow got there.

The villain's line doesn't make a ton of sense but at micro it could be something like 97 67, a weirdly played set on the flop or a flush.

Because the line doesn't make a ton of sense and because its micro and because your ahead of some of his value range its probably a call. But i'd expect villain to have a house or nut flush a good portion of the time.

Second hand you should probably go into check call mode on the turn for pot control. The 9 completes a number of draws and you have no redraws so its a pretty thin value bet.

Range wise villain is pretty nutted, AQ with the spade, AK with the spade, KQ with the spade or QJ with the spade. He could have a house but I would expect villain to play a set AT or A5 more aggressively on the flop given the board texture. So that really just leaves A9d or 99 he could have filled up with.

The river bet might be tiny, but I can't think of any hands that you would be ahead of that would value bet the river or any missed draws that would bluff. The only draws that missed would be no spade gut shots and they are probably folding turn at the latest.

Last edited: