Zoom 10NL vs normal 10NL 6max

B

billatx

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've been trying normal 10 nl lately because of milestone hands bonus and i find that people playing much more differently that Zoom 10 NL.

The bigggest difference i see,is that in normal 10 NL,people generally call my 3bets much more,while they seem to not respect my cbets either and call them with random cards.

That being said,i feel that my 3bets and c bets are -EV and maybe i should only stick to valuebetting and set mining.

The problem is,i'm too bored to play so passive postflop...

Opinions?

tenbob

tenbob

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Play more tables. Surely you want people calling your 3bets with junk ?

Zoom is way more nitty, try some different table setups, you can achieve zoom type action without playing zoom you know.

acky100

acky100

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
All them things that happened when you played normal tables can be put together and described in one word; POKER.

B

billatx

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
All them things that happened when you played normal tables can be put together and described in one word; POKER.

lol!Do you mean that Zoom is not poker?

acky100

acky100

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That was my sly dig at zoom yeah!

I know it's poker... a form of poker... ugh so nitty and so unimaginative from what i've seen though. I do love the fact that there is zoom poker though, the more regulars that leave my tables to play zoom the better :)

B

billatx

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've just realised 3 things:

1)4tabling normal 10NL 6max cash is WAY more profitable than 2tabling zoom 10NL 6max.

2)Playing cash without a hud is ...lol!

3)The 3 things Zoom is usefull is to learn ABC poker very fast, make some quick fpp/vpp points and learn how to be patient(believe it or not,Zoom needs much more patience than normal poker cash).

B

baudib1

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If people call too much, value-bet wider.

L

LuckTwist

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
1)4tabling normal 10NL 6max cash is WAY more profitable than 2tabling zoom 10NL 6max.

What are you on? 650 hands pre hour vs 280.. If you getting good tables and seat selecting well then your win rate will be higher in normal games. But, I think the key to zoom is your hourly.

2)Playing cash without a hud is ...lol!

Both HEM and PT work.

3)The 3 things Zoom is usefull is to learn ABC poker very fast, make some quick fpp/vpp points and learn how to be patient(believe it or not,Zoom needs much more patience than normal poker cash).

I dont really see what you mean about being patient. You are still playing the same game. if your just sitting around waiting for good hands thats why you are not doing well. When you do get a hand no one but the fish will give you any action because you look like a nit.

There are players with results of 7bb/100 over 500k hand samples at 200NL when Rush was available so it can be beat for a good clip. I think its just the way you approach it.

B

BlueNowhere

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've just realised 3 things:

Over what sample size have you realised this?

L

largelouster

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
My experience with Zoom is that it severely contorts hand ranges. Take villain's normal range, then chop off the bottom 2/3 to 3/4. A lot of guys just sit and wait for AA, KK, QQ, AKs and fold everything else since they can see new starting cards in about 2 seconds.

JCgrind

JCgrind

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My experience with Zoom is that it severely contorts hand ranges. Take villain's normal range, then chop off the bottom 2/3 to 3/4. A lot of guys just sit and wait for AA, KK, QQ, AKs and fold everything else since they can see new starting cards in about 2 seconds.

Unless you're playing micros against a bunch of total noobs, this won't work

RodneyC86

RodneyC86

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Zoom? Don't like it, but I did get AA the very first hand I played. Some dude raised and I just dumdum shove. He called with AQ. Hilarious outburst ensues, calling me only play AA and a losing player. Jah whatever lol, you called with AQ.

I do notice zoom plays like heads up though seeing that almost anyone not in the blinds or btn and co tend to auto fold anything that's not a monster preflop.