You are not owed anything

TonyTwoCheeks

TonyTwoCheeks

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I just finished a session of 25NL on ACR and came across this hand early in the session.

SB (JohnCoktostens) stack: $28.67

BB (Hero) stack: $27.17
*** PRE-FLOP ***
Hero: dealt :jc4: :jd4:

folds around to the small blind
SB: raises to $0.75

BB: raises to $3.50
SB: raises to $10.50

BB: raises all-in to $27.17

SB: calls $16.67

Pot Size: $54.34
*** FLOP *** [ :qh4: :3s4: :kh4:]
*** TURN *** [ :qh4: :3s4: :kh4: :8s4:]

*** RIVER *** [ :qh4: :3s4: :kh4: :8s4: :js4:]

JohnCoktostens shows :ah4: :qd4: for one pair, Queens
TonyTwoCheeks shows :jc4: :jd4: for three of a kind, Jacks

The ensuing tirade was, of course, ridiculous.
Why is my shove so bad but your call of that shove with an unmade hand so genius?
Why can't two good hands just go to a coin flip? Yeah, I felt like gambling! I've been playing really disciplined and folding to 3-bets for a couple of days. If I can't stand up with jacks against a small blind opening range then why play.
What makes you so special that I should fold everything just because you put money in?

Why don't you send your address and I'll just mail you checks?

The arrogance is staggering. BTW...nice 44% VPIP.

Thanks for letting me rant.:)

F

FrothyGoodness

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Because some people can't grab the knowledge of when they are actually beat Pre-flop. They get in their head that Not just AA and KK are monsters preflop but that AK and AQ should never be folded preflop no matter how many people are in the hand and no matter the raises. The defeat of it just overcomes them that "WHY" in the world would someone call with just a Face Pair. A lot of people aren't really diving deep into the mathmatics of the Poker hand in front of them just Instantly Boom AQ best hand...period. If this was deeper into the tourney I mean I can see him being "mad" but he still should never be mad at you personally. It was a Good Hand and a Good Win. Congrats

GreenDaddy1

GreenDaddy1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Haha love this thread. Nice win.