Would you play this hand differently?

X

xexeu

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If the location of the post is not this, apologize and move if possible. First time I put on cash live here.

Yesterday playing live, an "interesting" hand happened to me.

Table with 8 players. A player was giant, that lucky day, and had limped with hands like AJ, AK, among others. He just did not give raise. We had settled up the blinds, which were R $ 0.50 / US $ 1.

I picked up the BB 33. A player at the beginning of the table limps. The limper cited above (which was giant) decides to raise the CO to R $ 4. BU made the call, I too like the one that wiped before.

Flop comes 38A, rainbow. The first player beta $ 5. The giant gives CO calls, BU folds, I raise to R $ 20 or R $ 25, I do not remember. The first to folds Betar, the giant me back all in. I was about R $ 40 back. As you would play?

Limited_Al

Limited_Al

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I’d snap call. You have bottom set, but they are only beating you with AA or 88. I’d think they are shoving with top pair decent kicker, or two pair.

Spaceman

Spaceman

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't know how you can fold here. But with rainbow flop and no straight draws, you have to think. With what hand is he re-raising you both all in? Can he really do it with just top pair top kicker or two pairs? The thing with Top Pair Top Kicker is you seen him limping AK, and with two pairs is that since you block a 3, its only possible doing this with A8. But since you seen him limping with AK, I doubt he raises preflop A8.

The only hand that beats you is either Aces or 88. Since you have seen him limping with AK, I believe he could be limping 88 also. But Aces, there is no possiblity to not want to get value and raise preflop. Did he played this hand as Aces? Yep.

If he saw utg raising to 5, and you reraising to 20 on that board, reraising all-in is a stupid move to do with anything other than a set here. So it really comes down to reads. Have you seen him doing stupid moves?

Last edited:
P

PKRNRS

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You have bottom trips. Two other pocket pair have you beat. More than likely he has 88 or AA with a re-raise. But maybe a big A? I'm having a no problem just calling the re-raise. I also have no problem shoving here. Either way I'm not letting this hand go.

D

Dani_California

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Definitely call. Although, if your opponent has been really limping everything before that (even AK), there's a possibility that he is now holding Aces. Because what makes him raise now if he hasn't done that before? A hand that is too good to be limped. But... I would still call knowing and fearing that because like others said, there are only two combinations that beat you right now. It's just bad luck if you happen to run into a higher set. That happens. You should also note that someone who limps everything, is not that good player after all. There's a chance that he is holding something like Kings as well and can't let that go anymore. Or then he just got bored and decided to do something crazy. So many possibilities but only couple that can beat you at that moment. Call without a doubt.

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands