Would you fold KK ?

N

NolwennC

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
NLH 15/30. Dealt to Hero: KK. SB raised to 120. Hero 3bet 480 on HJ(REM. Stack: 2030). SB 4bet 2520. BB calls. Action back to you. WHAT IS YOUR PLAY?

eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Format

NLH 15/30. Dealt to Hero: KK. SB raised to 120. Hero 3bet 480 on HJ(REM. Stack: 2030). SB 4bet 2520. BB calls. Action back to you. WHAT IS YOUR PLAY?

Thank you for posting.

I would like to help you with your format of this question as it was slightly confusing to me.

Blinds are 15/30 in a tournament or cash game? Online? Live?

Hero is in the HJ and limps for 30? KK

SB raises to 120

BB calls 120

Hero 3 bets to 480 total or 480 more thus 510 of hero's stack in the pot?

SB 4 bets to 2520

BB calls 2520? or less? Are you getting 3-1 on your call?

Pot is 5500? 1520 for you to call. 3.5 -1 pot odds.

My answer:

So the question is what range of hands would SB make this play with.

We know for sure all players will do this with AA KK: Some with AK.

Would this villain play QQ JJ AQ this way? What about 1010 99 88 or 98 suited?

Does this villain expect to get called or expecting to get folds?

Have you been taking notes on this villain?
Is villain TAG NIT LAG-Loose wild?

How have you been playing? Are you loose wild? What hands do you think this villain puts you on when you limp 3 bet? Does this villain put you on hands?

Is this an isolation attempt by SB to knock out BB and get it heads up with You who SB perceives as playing too wide a range. IE you limp 3 bet 99 88?

Hope this helps

:):)

B

berryryan2488

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Odds are, he does not have AA. I don't know the percentages, but most of the time you are ahead in that situation. Not a lot of people would bet like that with AKs/o, AQs/o etc but they might. It's more likely that they have QQ or a pair of some sort probably putting you on something like AK, AQ etc. This does not mean that AA are not possible, but your overall likelihood of being ahead in that spot is high, which means the more you play it in situations like that the more money you'll make in the long run. Maybe instead of looking at it situationally try looking at it as to how you'll make money in that situation in the long haul. If he does have aces, however, great fold :)

eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Odds are, he does not have AA. I don't know the percentages, but most of the time you are ahead in that situation. Not a lot of people would bet like that with AKs/o, AQs/o etc but they might. It's more likely that they have QQ or a pair of some sort probably putting you on something like AK, AQ etc. This does not mean that AA are not possible, but your overall likelihood of being ahead in that spot is high, which means the more you play it in situations like that the more money you'll make in the long run. Maybe instead of looking at it situationally try looking at it as to how you'll make money in that situation in the long haul. If he does have aces, however, great fold :)

Thanks for posting.

The skill of the villain is how we make specific reads. No good villain is thinking a limp 3 bet is anything less than AA KK by any average player. Therefore a skilled player is never shoving expecting a fold. Thus AA KK is the most likely of holdings for the SB if SB is skilled.

As we see from hero, hero was playing KK exactly that way. We can then assume a skilled SB would know this. Therefore a skilled SB folds AK QQ JJ 1010 99 or 20% of the time turns them into bluff catchers or set miners. You do not bluff catch or set mine by shoving vs 2 players.

That is of course one SB villain type. Skilled. If we knew what type of villain this was from past actions we could know what action would be best.

Thanks for responding

:):)

M

molokheia

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Hi There
Remember that KK is a premium hand.
I would call
Would fold only if theres an Ax in the flop, turn or river
Rgds

NCDaddy

NCDaddy

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I assume this is a tournament. If it's a freebie you know that you are probably good and your kk will hold up a majority of the time with what people that early in a freeroll tournament are playing. Regular tournament....maybe the same but you may be up against AA in the SB....personally, that early in the tournament I'm not sure I'm disciplined enough to lay it down. Has either villain showed any hands yet?

IntenseHeat

IntenseHeat

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
My short answer is no, I would not fold KK.

I'm not really the biggest fan of multiway pre-flop all-ins. I have folded 10s and even JJ in a spot like this, only to see the other players turn over small pairs like 7s or 8s. And even though it sucks when you see it, it's also okay to not want risk your stack on 10s or Js. KK, on the other hand, is a totally different story. AA is the only hand that's ahead of you. And if they got it, then they just got it. Otherwise, someone is going to have to get really lucky. Not to mention the fact that you had the opportunity to flat the SB's 4x raise. You could have seen the flop relatively cheap and still left yourself the chance to get away from your hand if you didn't like what fell on the flop. But when you made it 16x, you seemed to be showing that you were committed to the hand. So I don't see why you would start second guessing yourself all of a sudden. It seems to me like when they start going all-in and calling, you kind of got what you were looking for.

Q

Queev14

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I wouldnt fold them. Because the SB can try to punish you for the limp and then think you are trying to steal the first raise. His range is wide. I could push with any Ax high or lower Pairs. So i would say its a good call.

JBGoode

JBGoode

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It would take like a perfect read for me to fold this. I have to be thoroughly convinced that's small blind is so tight that the only hand he could have is AA....

Not saying I'm never folding, but I'm playing for stacks 99% of the time.

M

Murrayjay82

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I would have had to call but could have had aces so i played in a tournament Saturday the lady to my right had aces literally 5 times but she was an easy ready so i got off of 10's and jacks against her

NUGGEETTEE

NUGGEETTEE

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Only one 1 hand beats you preflop AA, and maybe A+ if the A hits on the board. I would go all in preflop with KK

S

Steve Deeble

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would call this without a doubt. Only fear at this point is AA’s. I’d expect likely hands to be AK or maybe QQ’s.

psy0nyd3

psy0nyd3

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Preflop allins are never guaranteed! I'm going in with this one almost every time haha

jfmcd86

jfmcd86

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'd probably just call and hope for a set, have had been beat numerous times with KK when just limping in …. just shove al in I guess

W

west28

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't think I can ever fold KK I would just like to go all in

Pepitcho23

Pepitcho23

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That's depend of the flop.
Never play all in preeflop with kk if multi player are in the game. You can, only if you'r in heads-up.if you want to be paid:D.
One Ace and it's finish.
Lot of badbeat can happening....the same for AA, QQ, .....,.....,..

S

sirrupetot

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is a tournament... so u limp in HJ ..u get raised by SB u reraised...SB shoves ..and you shove ofc no way u gonna fold this hand...good trap.

R

Roovex_13

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I hate that hand...win with it 10%

guineasqueak

guineasqueak

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Folding here would be a somewhat scared/sissy move on your part. Bite the bullet and put your prized nuts on the table. The worst that can happen is a cooler.

J

James24543

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Would not fold KK here. Put your the entire chip stack up in this scenario.

M

Marowin

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In normal situation (random villain)..... KK i play always all in.

Sometimes when you have a lot of hands (villain) or notes i allow such an opportunity to fold this hand.

W

whitesmoke420

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Honestly ha its tuff to say but knowing myself I'd likely just go all in and hope for the best.....lol Hard to say if it's A's they hold or not but even being pinched like that, I'd likely do it. It seemed early in the game so.

K

killbello

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Obviously all in is OK no matter what format. Sometime you can play trickier and just call and then go all in if there is not an Ace on the Flop.

Folding in Poker