Would you call here?

B

Benego

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Me, I don't think so... Just when you think that you learned a hand like this one pops up -.-

odo333

odo333

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm not sure, but I probably would have folded. One thing was that he was betting on the turn and the second was all-in for the river, where he could hit three "3"

greatgame230

greatgame230

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ok I fold on the river what I might not have done is check on the turn to not confirm that I'm afraid of that A, but I fold on the river because how the hand was played

bakreni

bakreni

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
some time i fold some time i call ...all depends against what type of players i play

This Fish Chums

This Fish Chums

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
He called the flop indicating he didn't have the Ace or was on a draw to me. He bet the turn softly indicating to me he had a 7 (which he didn't). I see people going all-in with 2 pair and if he played like he had the 7 then I would be calling for that reason. Had he checked the turn, I would have folded as I would have considered it either a trap or sticking around with a weak-ish hand like a weak Ace or even a 3.

but the one thing I never like about these hand analysis things is it never explains how the player was playing before that spot. It's like they take one hand out of an entire session and ignore the rest of the session (which is probably what he did). But I would hope I could rely more on things like, doe this guy trap a lot? Does he shove the river a lot? Does he have a tendency to be hyper aggressive, or even what I call passive-aggressive (call/small bet then shove with marginal holdings)?

But with only the info from the hand, I would have made the call and hoped for the best.

Ovuvuevuevue

Ovuvuevuevue

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Nice hand, definitely one to think about. It's more player dependent than it seems so for example my decision wouldn't be the same online vs live.