Would you call this

UberRogue

UberRogue

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is a 2nlhm

Obvious I didn't know what villian had but I decided to try the odds calculator: He went all in on the turn.

Poker Odds Calculator from CardsChat.com
Texas Holdem: 100,000 sampled boards containing :2c4: :5s4: :qh4: :5c4:
Hero ( :8d4: :8s4: ): 74.56% lose 25.44% tie 0% EV 0.75
Villian ( :3c4: :6c4: ): 25.44% lose 74.56% tie 0% EV 0.25

M

marcelo benavidez

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
all in, the 4 its a really long shot, but the flush is really near....call, the odds are 1 of 4 because one of four cards.

cocojambo

cocojambo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would call.I think this is a valuable hand that desrves a call.

P

pokijh

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hard to give an answer without knowing pot size, bet size etc.

G

glennelson

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
With the limited information you gave it still seems like an easy fold to me. Why stack off with one pair and and over card on the board - and btw backdoor clubs when you don't have a club? You lose to 99, 10 10, JJ, QQ, KK, AA, There's literally nothing he should have that isn't crushing, except exactly the type of hand he had. KQ of clubs, JQ of clubs, 10 Q of clubs are all crushing. I'd rather just air on the side of caution, fold, and if I'm wrong, that's fine. Great call if you called..

A

Andy_mirON

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
We need more information in order to hear the answers and opinions of all of this hand ...
You need to know is cash or MTT ...
pot size preflop game and so on ...

I

Izazul

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
88 is one of my favourite hands i would have surely called. How big was his best after the flop ?

P

pauloandre100

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Without knowing pot size, I fold this spot. I think 88 is a showdown hand to play check/call, except call on shove.

jmateuspoker

jmateuspoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
call

so bury my chips on the table if after itm before that not all in this venture I see no need and besides the flush is too small it can be mastered in higher flush
:jd4:mateuspoker

oriole

oriole

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Without knowing pre-flop, post-flop action and pot/bet size I would fold.

vapandrei

vapandrei

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If I didn't have too much invested in the pot, I'd fold. He shouldn't be in the pot with 3/6 even if it's suited.

I

ibetmyho

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not much of a hand history. But assuming he shoved turn, you have to think what hands could you have in this spot and which one of those hands we are calling with.
So we all the AQ KQ combos plus AA KK QQ then we also have 55 and possibly 22 depending on your position. Then depending on how loose or tight you are, you will have A5s, all the QJ combos and then Q10s, Q9s, Q8s. So we do have alot of better hands we are calling with so given that I would lean towards folding the 88. But it's hard to say without the full HH.

mgm656bj

mgm656bj

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
thank for this lesson

thank for this lesson, I got it.

This is a 2nlhm

Obvious I didn't know what villian had but I decided to try the odds calculator: He went all in on the turn.

Poker Odds Calculator from CardsChat.com
Texas Holdem: 100,000 sampled boards containing :2c4: :5s4: :qh4: :5c4:
Hero ( :8d4: :8s4: ): 74.56% lose 25.44% tie 0% EV 0.75
Villian ( :3c4: :6c4: ): 25.44% lose 74.56% tie 0% EV 0.25

8bod8

8bod8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
From experience, I fold more and more on this board with 88, due to the risks of villain having:
two pair
straight
set
boat
all of which beat me
(leave the 25% chance of a flush)

Last edited:
Dusan

Dusan

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
88 is one of my favourite hands i would have surely called. How big was his best after the flop ?

Why?:tomato:
88 looks like the snowman, that's why is your favorite starting hand:confused:
I can't see anything special with 88. Why not QQ or KK. Why 88?

MatMackenz

MatMackenz

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would fold to the shove. There are many hands he could have that would crush your pocket 8's. You didnt hit your set and (assuming you bet the flop) he didnt back down (He could easily have Qx).

Let him have it and move on.

jmateuspoker

jmateuspoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
POCKET PAIR 88

This would be difficult to call the all in because the board does not help u defends a pair and there is Q two fives and a draw to flush even a metagame with a guy donkey is hard to call
:jd4:mateuspoker

JusThieF

JusThieF

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think u sould be more specific on this hand about the stage of tournament and Big Blinds etc hard to give an answer without this informations it means if u got 5bb and opponent 150 evryone would call if u 10bb oponent 10 then i dont think u would be so up to call etc....

H

have

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
alot

more is needed to give better advice . but fold most likly . havefunAA :D

Empress

Empress

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm mystified why the villain called *ANY* bet made after the flop. Sure, some people will call stupid stuff pre-flop, but he was an idiot to call anything after the flop to see the turn with that 36.

K

karlperron88

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hard to give a real answer without stack sizes and pot sizes.. but i would assume with all in on the turn it was more than just small stack.. and should be easy fold