Why does it happen too often?

seeyouthru

seeyouthru

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What is the possibility of you having KK and opponent AA at the same time?
It might have been happened to me for like more than 100 times.
I knew my opponent had AA but still i could never fold KK preflop.

Bricxjo

Bricxjo

Just some happy guy
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
It does not seem to happen that often to me. I would say it is just a run of bad cards.

8bod8

8bod8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As online we see many cards, it happens.
Rough answer to your question: 0.002%
When playing enough hands, statistics will show that KK is a winning hand, but lack of skills can reduce the winnings.

B

braveslice

Pull-ups!
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Typical scenario, nit (11 vpip, 5 pfr, 1 3bet) opens utg -> hero 3bets with KdKh -> utg 4bets

What is probability villain has AA?

Villain’s total range is KK+ hero is blocking KK so there are 6 combos AA and 1 combo KK thus:

Probablity hero is facing AA is 6/7 = 86%
:p

Alexandr Svinarshyk

Alexandr Svinarshyk

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you for a day of playing repeatedly hit the KK against AA means a very bad day for you. For me, КК against AA is not very common.

E

Ero2407

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
so it happens because online poker has nothing to with real poker, and in online poker the best cards are associated with the number of chips, and the programs make such random

Spaceman

Spaceman

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am playing a lot of heads up. Everytime I got a premium card to shove preflop, like a pair, or AK, my opponent has something good to answer like a QQ premium pair, or AQ.

The thing is I dont put into consideration the times that I have Aces or Kings and get no action because of the folds or when I win. And that is probably happening to your case too.

When someone 4-bet your already big bet should tell you something. And I was speaking about heads up, where is just one player, in cash games there are more players=more chances to also hold a premium pair. In your case, Kings to run into Aces in a full table, I've read somewhere its roughly 1 to 20 times. So, if it happens more than this, my only suggestion is to join the Rigged Mega Thread:icon_rabb:icon_rabb

ScottieDuncan

ScottieDuncan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Happened to me maybe 3x in 5 years.

blanktheman

blanktheman

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it happens very often. Those that say it doesn't happen, might not be watching the game. Statistics show that it should happen about 10% of the time but i've seen it happen many many times on online poker. Daniel pro player even says it happens often in live play. If you have KK and an ace lands on the table, 90% of the time someone will have the ace.

S

Sorin Iliescu

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it happened only a couple of times for me, but rarely to even consider this.

linf

linf

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Online poker is a program. Written by some kind of person. It simply executes commands. This is not a very random action. You could easily find some kind of pattern

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I think that your memory remembers only those moments when you lose.

masik6

masik6

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You did everything right preflop fold with a pair of KK is not a very small probability that he has AA if you look at the distances in most cases you would win the Bank , but the limp older couples this is a big mistake and can seriously pagelet.

F

Fastone2

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I understand how ya feel.
Its difficult to fold KK....

Edison A

Edison A

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It has happened to all of us, we just have to overcome it

FIERROS

FIERROS

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It happens to me often, When I have AA someone has KK and When I have KK someone has AA.

proud2Bwhack

proud2Bwhack

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Daniel Negreaunu said never to fold KK PF ever. HE said he did it one time in a MTT and the raiser QQ. never again.

the way to figure the odds looks like this and should be adjusted per the number of people at the table, 210 divided by the number of people at the table, so if you are playing 6max or 4max you are safer still.

seeyouthru

seeyouthru

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What if you raise 3 BB from utg with KK and guy from UTG+1 min raises and another player from hijack 3 bets?

Betmakers

Betmakers

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it all depends on the size of the bank (cash), or stage (tourney), and there are still a lot of factors. You can drop kings.

quick

quick

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It happens. I'd rather flip all in pre and see my KK facing AA and say nice hand then flip and see Ace rag and an Ace falls on river lol. Which also just happened again...and literally got KK as I typed this....and lost to AK.

Vfranks

Vfranks

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It happens, but I think also you remember the times it happens more often than the times you get AA make a PFR and everyone folds. Just sticks out more in your mind.

quick

quick

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It happens, but I think also you remember the times it happens more often than the times you get AA make a PFR and everyone folds. Just sticks out more in your mind.

or get AA all in and lose to like 64o on the river lol. At least with the pre flop folds we win the "pot." :p

But seriously a better perspective is to see how much one has won with AA and KK anyways, over 56,000 hands past 7 weeks or so I've made 3,435bbs with AA and 2,252bbs with KK and most tellingly 2,300bbs with AK meaning i've probably had my AK suck out on KK as well in my favor quite a few times. :D

J

Jack Reacher

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You definitively got a point.It happens a lot especially on low cash tables such as 1/2$ etc.

B

boonvech

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am not worry AA when i have KK but several times when i have AA and don't call all in then i lost to flush or straight.