When writing out a question thread provides you the answer

GDBPoker

GDBPoker

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would say about about 75% of the threads I start, I never actually post. Just by going through the motions of writing them out gives me the answer. Its a combination of "wow maybe I actually do know something" and "damn I wouldve looked stupid if I posted this".

Its amazing and humbling at the same time. You realise youve grasped a few of the concepts youve been studying and practicing, you feel good. And then instantly you know how much you really dont know, and how long and hard and interesting the road ahead is.

Anyway just felt like sharing this with whoever wants to read it.

Have fun!

T

Terrell

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Its always better to write things out when figuring out a problem.......fires more pathways in the brain!

P

Poker247

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Writing things out helps me as well. On the flip side, sometimes your question will be the same one a newer player might need an answer to and they lack the experience to figure it out...:)

6bet me

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do this sometimes. There are a lot of threads that I've been tempted to start, but then realised I knew the answer and I didn't really need a discussion.

But then part of the reason is because some people on this forum are very negative and love to give responses like "this is the dumbest question I've ever heard" or "I really hope you're trolling" and that really discourages me from starting a lot of poker strategy discussions.

BigJamo

BigJamo

Aussie Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It took me a while to start a thread or even post when i first joined.
After i got the confidence all i did was put my foot in it.

Wish i had some of the answers within, then i wouldnt of made such a fool of myself.
Cardschat is also here for the lame. Im still here after all.

J

joe777

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Probably you could post some brag or some challenges also.

GDBPoker

GDBPoker

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do this sometimes. There are a lot of threads that I've been tempted to start, but then realised I knew the answer and I didn't really need a discussion.

But then part of the reason is because some people on this forum are very negative and love to give responses like "this is the dumbest question I've ever heard" or "I really hope you're trolling" and that really discourages me from starting a lot of poker strategy discussions.

I know what you mean, it's tough when to you it's such a tough thing to figure out, but to others it's just ingrained knowledge. But trust me when I say Cards Chat is actually quite friendly compared to other sites (not naming any names).

I think some people leave troll-like comments because they've seen your particular question pop up monthly or even weekly. Just post, for every negative comment you get you'll get 5 positives, and if youre lucky 2 of those 5 will give you the correct answer lol

B

bigdongbrad

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
i sometimes do this, makes it more official

T

Terrell

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I know what you mean, it's tough when to you it's such a tough thing to figure out, but to others it's just ingrained knowledge. But trust me when I say Cards Chat is actually quite friendly compared to other sites (not naming any names).

I think some people leave troll-like comments because they've seen your particular question pop up monthly or even weekly. Just post, for every negative comment you get you'll get 5 positives, and if youre lucky 2 of those 5 will give you the correct answer lol

totally agree. most seem pretty nice so far