when to stay and when to go.
this came up because of my last trip, I was supposed to meet my wife upstairs for some marital bonding, but I was on such a amazing run of cards I couldn't leave the table. So I thought I would make a post of when you should and when you shouldn't leave a poker table.
when to leave
1. When you feel you are not one of the better players at the table. As much as we like to think we are the best players at the table there will come times when you are not the best player. If more then half the table is as good as you or are better then you need to leave. At my second table there was 2 players that were as good as me if not better, since there were still 7 players I felt like I was better then I stayed. Now if we would of went shorthanded to 6 players or less I would not of stayed because it would not be profitable for me to sit there.
2. You are tired - , this is obvious. Poker is about making the best decisions on each turn and if you are tired you are not at top form and making good decisions.
3. when you are tired or on other substances - just like the above example, you will not be making the best decisions.
4. when table has you figured out - If you are the kind of player that can not mix it up and just play ABC tight poker then once table figures you out then you need to find new table with new players.
when to stay
1. If you are on a run then usually you should not leave the table. You need to be able to realize when you are on a run of good cards and run it out. When I played last week I was on a great run of cards and rode it out for about 3 hours then left the table after about a run of 30 minutes of bad cards or bad flops.
Thats really the biggest reason to stay, all other ones are personal preference reasons. Basically just wanted to go through the reasons to leave the table. If I missed any feel free to add to list.