When to Quit Poker

zwbb

zwbb

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
One of the most important obstacles that you must overcome in becoming an elite poker player is to understand that the results of one particular session mean nothing .

There is one important factor that should force you to complete the session. This is tilt!

Even though the results of one particular day are far from an indicator of your long-term winrate, nevertheless, due to an unsuccessful minus session, you can start making irrational decisions, guided only by emotions and anger, which can negatively affect your ability play.

There are two reasons why you should leave the tables: Time limit Hand Limit Before you start a game session, you must set a specific amount of time for which you plan to play a specific number of hands.

Do not leave the tables with weak players! Such opportunities are not lying on the road. If you do leave, your warm place will take another reg and a fish will undress for you

mt2lhd

mt2lhd

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Good things mentioned, Another thing that people can determine for themselves for ending a session is stop loss amount, I myself will just end my session if i lose 3 or 4 buyins even if i just played 10 hands

manzanillo53

manzanillo53

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Wise words, now if I can only follow that great advise I could elevate my play to at least average.

zwbb

zwbb

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Good things mentioned, Another thing that people can determine for themselves for ending a session is stop loss amount, I myself will just end my session if i lose 3 or 4 buyins even if i just played 10 hands

This is so if you set yourself the amount of money that you can afford to lose in one session.

R

ROYALROAD

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This is a very difficult problem for me.

Even if I don't leave the place even though it was losed a little.

Because there are also very much cases recovered right now.

Nathan Williams

Nathan Williams

Poker Pro
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well put!

The first part about the results of individual sessions being meaningless is the foundation of all success in this game in my opinion.

Most amateurs are never able to mentally get past the short run. They are obsessed with it in fact and it ends up destroying their results.

Most poker pros though pay minimal attention to the short run. I actually don't even check my results for weeks or months at a time sometimes.

Because I know that my results in individual sessions or even week to week are meaningless from a mathematical point of view.

This allows me to focus 100% on playing my best instead of worrying about some bad beat I just took and getting all emotional about it.

F

futureballoon

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Definitely a stop loss of dollars for me. Or If i notice I'm getting pretty tired and am starting to be emotional.. it's time to call it quits.

ACESOVEREZZZ

ACESOVEREZZZ

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When to quit

Good post and interesting insight! One thing that to me is important is set a limit on what you are about to wager & stick to it PERIOD!! Once again bring to the table what you can affird to lose & learn how to stop at that amount.

Same goes for when you are winning --Set a number such as doubling your stake in the game and once that number is hit leave. Know there will be rainy days ahead.

GL ALL :D

zwbb

zwbb

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Good post and interesting insight! One thing that to me is important is set a limit on what you are about to wager & stick to it PERIOD!! Once again bring to the table what you can affird to lose & learn how to stop at that amount.

Same goes for when you are winning --Set a number such as doubling your stake in the game and once that number is hit leave. Know there will be rainy days ahead.

GL ALL :D

Totally agree with you. It's right.

zwbb

zwbb

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well put!

The first part about the results of individual sessions being meaningless is the foundation of all success in this game in my opinion.

Most amateurs are never able to mentally get past the short run. They are obsessed with it in fact and it ends up destroying their results.

Most poker pros though pay minimal attention to the short run. I actually don't even check my results for weeks or months at a time sometimes.

Because I know that my results in individual sessions or even week to week are meaningless from a mathematical point of view.

This allows me to focus 100% on playing my best instead of worrying about some bad beat I just took and getting all emotional about it.

About the analysis of their sessions. Session analysis is great for spotting mistakes in the game at an early stage. Early detection of mistakes is very important, as over time they gradually turn into a habit, and you yourself will not realize it. Just imagine what the negative effects can be if the same hand is played incorrectly over and over again.

tauri103

tauri103

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
in general my results have always been good in the long run in mtt and spin and go. but it's been three weeks since I can play my A game. because my mind is currently still affected by some factors and goal that I cannot achieve. It is for this reason that I have reduced my playing time while waiting to be on top of my form again and especially enough to motivate me to play poker.

poliaris747

poliaris747

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, I know very well about tilde's problem, I have been trying to curb it for a long time. I have read a lot of interesting literature on this subject. at this point, I can already understand that I'm starting a process, Tilda. well, I can't completely control myself and say "stop" and get up from the table is the next task for me.