When not hitting or cold run

D

Desiatpoker

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello everyone,
What to do when you run very cold for example getting no playable hands or medium hand UTG with agr players on table, or you have good hand but keep running into better cards. Also that feeling - I just can't win no matter how I play today-. Now my thoughts are keep waiting for good starting hands and because of tight image try pick up blinds here and there but if that does not work then what else I can do apart from taking a break? Sorry I had ruff few days in cash game and feels like I dnt know how to play. :confused:

TheDude6622

TheDude6622

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This is the "tilt" feeling. Don't feel bad, it happens and we all go through it. My suggestion is to take a break. Whether it be an hour or day or week. Do something else that makes you happy. Once you're able to go back with a clear mind, you're ready. Just know that you're doing the right things getting people to go in with a worse hand than you.

G

GrannySmit77

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree, you should take a break. Poker has ups and downs. If you're on a downswing and keep playing, you'll just lose more money.

zinzir

zinzir

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Unfortunately I don't know any solution that will give you better cards (honestly, even if I had one I wouldn't share it with anyone :) ). But I think that in general, once the question of "maybe it's time for a break" pops into your head, it's definitely time for a break.

Gohaku94

Gohaku94

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you are playing cashgames and get frustrated just leave the tables. If you are playing mtts just wait.. when you get shorter lots of hands become playable so it's not like you will just blind out or something.. you will get a shove/reshove oportunity with under 20bbs :)