re: Poker & whats your bankroll preferences?
My BR maganement plan is similar to Ferguson's plan. I have a new approach to building my BR. Before, it was "Im going try and build it but if I lose it, its ok because I can afford it." Now, Im trying to really disipline myself into following strict BR management and not taking too many unessary risk with my BR.
1. < 5% of BR for SNGs with 20x buy-in + rake, < 2% of BR for MTTs/MTSNGs with 100x buy-in + rake.
For SNGs, it has to be equal to or less than 5% of my current bankroll. I wont play a game even if its .01 cent over. This is to keep me disiplined in managing my BR. As for MTTs and MTSNGs, since cashing in these games, for me, dont happen quite that often, I want to have even more buy ins to keep my stack padded. For now, Im only playing in freerolls and $1 tournaments. SNGs will be the main source of building my BR and I will not be playing any cash games for now.
2. Buy in for games following an ITM win should be < half of the BR percentage increase.
This is to keep wins vs losses in check. And if I do suffer a downswing, it wont be as bad. Say I take 3rd place in an SNG that cost me 3% of my BR. My 3rd place finish increases my BR by 5%. My next game will not cost me more than 2.5% of my new current BR. However, if I continue to increase my BR, then the following game will be equal to or less than 50% of the total BR percentage increase.
3. If there is any increase in BR, losses should be < half of total BR percentage increase for that day.
This applies to the above. If I increase in my BR and i lose 50% of my bankroll profit for that day, then I am finished. This is try to keep my profits in the positive and my downswings at a minimum.
Other things that I apply, but arent mentioned in my sig:
4. I play 1 table at a time.
5. If I lose 10% of my BR without any ITM finishes, I call it quits for the day. However, if Im increasing my BR with ITM finishes then I will call it quits when Im tired of playing.
6. I take it one day at a time. If I increased my BR by 60% yesterday, I wont play a game that'll potentially cost my 50% of the 60% increase in BR the following day. I will follow the same BR management guide lines for each individual day.