What are you thoughts and how to managed what I am going through help!

K

Kenneth92

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
!!!Need advise on my metal game.
Hi guys this is my first post as I am a frequent reader on this forum and actually learnt a lot over here. however what made me post today is I have a problem with my mental thought regarding my sessions..
I am reg on an online web playing stake of 2/4 deep.200bb/400bb Overall my graph I would say say I am fairly beating the game for sometime..

What is really bothering me is my thoughts when I breakeven for the day and it made me feel so bad and weak as though I haven wasted my entire grinding, well here it goes. Basically I break my day into 3 session each goes about 2-3hours depending on how I am feeling or if have any errands to do.
So yesterday's day session made me had a sleepless night.
Session1. Was up +100bb (so its a good start)
Session2 after lunch with wife was up + 150bb( was comtemplating to end my day as I thought 200bb+ is quite of a good day for me as I grind everyday.
However I try to commit to my grinding hours thus as usual I carried on session 3 , so this is where I felt so stupid. I picked a few wrong spots to take down pots and called heroed call but I was feeling ok as it didn't affect me much and it was 20mins into my session3. Few orbits passed I bled away a couple of bb calling flops in position/ raising and not hitting flops I took breathes and told myself it is alright as I was still up for the day.
I decided and told myself alright my last orbit as I checked currently for the day I am still up a fair 150bb.
So this is where disaster stuck I ran into AA with my KK with a reg whose Vvip is like 49% with a 3bet frequency of 8% . I flat his 3bet and flop there was no Ace . He moved in I call and thats was it my entire day profit was gone... I instantly logged off and went to bed having a tough time sleeping.

I have read many thread about stop win stop losses, however some of my huge wins came from playing long sessions and not stoping as long I feel I can beat the game.

My problem is I am sure everybody has gone through what I have gone through winning till the last orbit of the day and disaster struck. What are your thoughts about this happening to you guys, and how do u get over and improve on this side of mental game. I know after I get up from bed I can go back to the tables and get more back. But it feels so sucky if only I could end the day at session 2 while we might never know if we could end up have another +ev on session3.

Sorry if I am longwinded, have yet to hit the tables today as I am feeling kinda afraid I would play badly and think about the day session yesterday and maybe just Maybe a downswing is just around the corner. I am open and will listen to any advise you guys have for me I am posting as I really want to overcome my mental barrier. If I am unclear about another's part of my post give me a chance to clarify and make it clearer thanks guys!

Beanfacekilla

Beanfacekilla

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This is a problem for many people, myself included. The short term results are irrelevant in a sense. What difference would it make if you logged off, never got KK vs AA, won the day, but lost a hand tomorrow?

The day to day isn't important. The important thing is we are making good decisions. I feel that many poker players think they have the game figured out, and they think they are awesome, but they really aren't, and they aren't humble enough to realize this. I don't know if that applies to you, but I thought it needs to be said.

Read "The Mental Game of Poker" by Jared Tendler. Keep that book handy. I want you to read it every time you get tilted or have mental game issues. Once you have read it, you can come back to it again and again and read applicable sections based on what you're going through.

But, the longer you keep focusing on short term results, the more it will limit you as a player. You must realize poker is a long term game and we win by making better decisions overall. It's sometimes only a small edge, and it takes a while to realize that edge.

There is no difference if we quit early and win 150 BB, play the next day, and then get whacked. It's the same man. Never ending session. Good decisions.

K

Kenneth92

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Thank you you so much bean your reply has really deep meaning and have enlighten me short term results are nothing we are grinding everyday it is a lifetime session. We just have to make good decisions and the rest we can't control. Thank you for the advise and your thoughts! What about you? Do you apply a stop win to your game everyday? Or you will play as long you are feeling good?

Beanfacekilla

Beanfacekilla

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thank you you so much bean your reply has really deep meaning and have enlighten me short term results are nothing we are grinding everyday it is a lifetime session. We just have to make good decisions and the rest we can't control. Thank you for the advise and your thoughts! What about you? Do you apply a stop win to your game everyday? Or you will play as long you are feeling good?

I'm getting better, but I still have problems myself with winners tilt. It's an ongoing process trying to improve.

Sometimes if I get up 250 BB I may consider leaving, but lately I just stay until I feel I can't play top notch.