What are monster hands that you could not fold on the flop?

T

Tuan

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
1) Overpair?
2) Straight Flush Draws with 15 outs?
3) Flush Draws with 2 over cards?
4) Flush Gutshot Draws?
5) Set?
6) 2 Pair?

I personally find hard time folding these hands, Is that a mistake for me to jam with these hands over a bet on flop?

H

harcsat6

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello
I think this depends more on everything.
1 How many are in the pot
2 How deeps stacks
3 Oponent statistics and notes
4 SPR

Set+ usually not trouble never
Top pair vs shalow stack 20bb fish easy call , but 250bb deep vs nit easy fold
IF the pot 40bb and oponet push 80bb 15 out easy call , but pot 6bb fold

puzzlefish

puzzlefish

🙉 🙈 🙊 student of the donk arts
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
A monster hand is never a winner until it proves that it can swim in the river. The only exception is a royal flush. Plus, jamming on the flop often means you lose value that you could get from weaker draws.

GuiWah

GuiWah

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It depends, in particular I do not have this problem to fold.
Sometimes I will be folding a set however sometimes I wont be able to fold a top pair.

T

Tuan

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Usually, it's a 3bet pot or a raise pot that I would check/raise versus at most 2 people on the flop with overpair, flush draws with gut shot, flush with 2 over cards, 2 pair, small set; I always slow play top set, straight, flush, and full house...in a 5/5 blinds people are ways too aggressive, over play their hands sometimes, Squeeze too much, open with weak holding from all position...My check raise move has not been good so far! This could be a mistake!

Santiman

Santiman

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I find it best not to go to over the top with monsters... Big hands don't usually win big pots..

I

Ianmacca99

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Folding overpairs to a low board is tough especially big pairs. Sets are also difficult to fold but a lot depends on the action before me etc

ironduke11

ironduke11

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
recently I realized that playing low two pairs gives opponents more of a chance to draw out with larger two pairs....happens pretty frequently....I guess because I play them passively...

MattRyder

MattRyder

🍏 Tech That Works!
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Royal Flush (not a draw) & Straight Flush (not a draw) & perhaps Quads. Everything else is dependent on the situation, mostly tournament life potential.

R

ROYALROAD

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
do leading

It's necessary to be all monster hands and do leading next.

To come near and draw out a chip from a other player even if it's a royal flash.

rj_montana

rj_montana

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Assuming we are talking about STT/MTTs,

I never fold sets on any flop. Where the two pair does not involve a pair already on the board, I basically never fold that on the flop either (tiny exception for 3 suited broadway flops, but not for low/middle cards). With strong combo draws I look to get the stack in on the flop.

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands Folding in Poker