• Thread starter Pauliefromgoodfellas
  • Start date
Pauliefromgoodfellas

Pauliefromgoodfellas

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When you're HU 3 way or 4 handed when would you limp if ever. Obviously, if there are 2 limpers behind you and you have 100bb, it's 4 way and you're the in the sb with 87s or another middle suited connector limping is standard (correct me if you disagree), but I'm talking about open limping.

Clearly, it depends on the players and I get that. If there is another player at the table who always raises limpers ("because they need to be punished!!!!") and he has position on youm obviously you limp your monsters, but in normal circumstances when would you do it?

When I am HU against weak players I usually limp some very weak hands and then bet the flop if they check to me (which they mostly will) and fold to any aggression if they raise preflop or on the flop if I don't connect decently and I might mix in a couple bluff check-raises with these hands if the board texture doesn't seem to connect with their hand range super well and they bluff often enough. A board might be AAK rainbow and I might cr 20% of the time with these shitty holdings. Occasionally on similar boards where it seems unlikely they connected ill float and lead the next card.

Now...tell me what do you think of that? All thoughts are appreciated and welcome!!!!!

AjsmenX

AjsmenX

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't like limping but usualy in these situations you can lims sometimes AK,AQ

Pauliefromgoodfellas

Pauliefromgoodfellas

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't like limping but usualy in these situations you can lims sometimes AK,AQ

How often would you limp ak/aq I probably do it <1% of the time. Heads up it seems a little silly.

imnoobpoker

imnoobpoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In what position will you probably limp? Only late position or also mid position?

M

MrDeko208

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
In a HU a lot plays on how many hands you've seen from the player and their stack size, from there most situations worth limping are time when you may have the nuts or strong hand and want the other player to throw in their chips on a bluff or small hand. Other times I've found worth limping is with a wet flop to see my opponents reaction. In HU situations it's hard to say what hands are worth limping, I've seen too many people go all I with silly bluffs pre flop on final table.

Hope this helps!

Pauliefromgoodfellas

Pauliefromgoodfellas

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In a HU a lot plays on how many hands you've seen from the player and their stack size, from there most situations worth limping are time when you may have the nuts or strong hand and want the other player to throw in their chips on a bluff or small hand. Other times I've found worth limping is with a wet flop to see my opponents reaction. In HU situations it's hard to say what hands are worth limping, I've seen too many people go all I with silly bluffs pre flop on final table.

Hope this helps!

This was unhelpful in so many ways :D. I kid, I kid!!!! In all seriousness "I've found worth limping is with a wet flop to see my opponents reaction" what does that even mean?

Pauliefromgoodfellas

Pauliefromgoodfellas

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
never limp HU
Patrick Antonius and many others do not agree, do you have a reason for stating this?

Surely if the villan only calls raises 3% of the time you could limp some monster hands just to get value on later streets.
What do you say to that sir?

Omahahahaha

Omahahahaha

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Given the pot odds you are getting I will frequently open limp the SB especially if my opponent in the BB is fairly passive.

pashkawell

pashkawell

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I always play as much time as I can. If I feel tired, I try not to play.

Sil3ntness

Sil3ntness

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It depends on the opponent. Just fold your bad cards in the small blind if you are playing against a really good aggressive player in the BB.

Now if we are talking heads up, that means you have the button in the SB and then that changes things dramatically. Your range should open up a lot more being in position.

boomboxcafe23

boomboxcafe23

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Raise or fold is generally my strategy but im curious as to what everyone else thinks

Pauliefromgoodfellas

Pauliefromgoodfellas

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Raise or fold is generally my strategy but im curious as to what everyone else thinks
Thanks for the answers guys.
I was recently playing a fairly loose passive player and I raised/limped every hand because he would never do anything other than min raise me when he was oop.

alienat3d

alienat3d

easy-going alien grinder
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hmm.. Limp in a HU? I guess i do more often walking around upside-down on my hands, than limping at HU. Seriously, why you should do this?
Well i know that some people do that. But it shows me then, that apparently they are weak players and have not much clue how to play HU game. So i try to exploiting their bad habits.
p.s. However i should say, that i'm not a cash player. I'm a tournament player. So i play HU mostly at SNG or SNGHU, and if i'm way too lucky at MTT. Maybe in a cash there are some reasons which can justify limps HU. I don't know.

Last edited:
S

sryImPro

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That actually depends on who you are playing with. If i play against really aggressive player i will limp with almost anything ( not with 2 7, 3 8, 2 8 and hands like that ) hoping for outflop him...In other case scenarios, i play like the most of the players do, limp with conectors, willing to pay up to 3-5 bbs when i'm holding suited conectors, always limp with pairs...
But, i'm not known as a high profitable HU player

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands