CO calls $0.11

Turn: ($0.56, 2 players) 6c

Hero bets $0.27,
CO calls $0.27

River: ($1.10, 2 players) 4h

Hero bets $1.06,

Final Board: 9d 9c 8s 6c 4h

No information on villain.

My thinking in this hand was that the board favours my range over villains, I have lots of trips, sets and over pairs and I'm looking to fold out villains smaller pairs, A high and the odd random KQ that has over called.

Is this a good or bad bluff spot?

I'll post hand results later.

Just noticed there's a sub forum for hand analysis! Can mods please delete this one. Thanks.

PrOKatana

PrOKatana

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
my opinion is that you played ok, and I often make moves like that

A

Antlys13

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
judging from his preflop activity, Vilian's range probably looks like 66+, AJs+, KQs, AJo+ and your equity is 33%. On the flop, he probably caught a set of 888 on this and crushed you.

A

ataraxyan

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hmm, in a case like this, you can say it's 'bluffable'. But I don't think it's perfect chance to bluff. The basic of bluff is using inherent fear and belief of faux reality in villain. To do that you need to have plausible flop. But the flop was just a normal common case. Rather maybe your opponent would think he was bluffing in slow play, as if he has some full house or set. But it always happens in poker. So the conclusion is, yes, it's bluffable but not a perfect case.

Last edited:
U

UberPokerFan

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think that is an OK place to bluff but several other considerations come to mind:
  1. You're playing on a 2¢ table; those players tend to call more often with weak hands unless you make calling uncomfortable.
  2. Based on that, I'd bet more on the turn and possibly go all-in on the river. I think your ½ pot bet on the turn and pot river bet aren't strong enough considering the villain's stack size. All-in might not be big enough either so, without knowledge of the villain, you probably shouldn't be in the hand at all.

M

MakTrue

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
PokerStars - $0.02 NL FAST (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
Hand converted by Holdem Manager 3

BTN: $1.00 (50 bb)
Hero (SB): $2.80 (140 bb)
BB: $2.00 (100 bb)
UTG: $2.00 (100 bb)
MP: $0.46 (23 bb)
CO: $10.51 (525.5 bb)

Hero posts SB $0.01, BB posts $0.02

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.03) Hero has Tc Jh

2 folds,
CO raises to $0.05,
fold,
Hero raises to $0.16,
fold,
CO calls $0.11

Flop: ($0.34, 2 players) 9d 9c 8s

Hero bets $0.11,
CO calls $0.11

Turn: ($0.56, 2 players) 6c

Hero bets $0.27,
CO calls $0.27

River: ($1.10, 2 players) 4h

Hero bets $1.06,

Final Board: 9d 9c 8s 6c 4h

No information on villain.

My thinking in this hand was that the board favours my range over villains, I have lots of trips, sets and over pairs and I'm looking to fold out villains smaller pairs, A high and the odd random KQ that has over called.

Is this a good or bad bluff spot?

I'll post hand results later.

Just noticed there's a sub forum for hand analysis! Can mods please delete this one. Thanks.

Good evening!
I think that you played perfectly (I sometimes play such jokes myself).
This play is especially good when you have notes on your opponent and you can put it on the AJo+ or AJs+ range and barrel three streets into him on a low board as a bluff.

KozakAlex

KozakAlex

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A bluff is justified if there is doubt about the strength of the opponent's hand. Because I think everything is done right here.

Z

Zirkzee

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Villian's raise is not large and you are in a shorthand game. So even with JTo you might still have enough equity to 3-bet. Maybe Villian didn't raise that high because he wanted to provoke a 3-bet because he has QQ+. But since he didn't 4-bet this is less likely. Personally, I don't like 3-bet with JTo. I would rather be in favor of 3-bet with JTs. This gives you more opportunities to form a drawing hand, which makes your bluff much more profitable. The flop is perfect for a c-bet, but since Villian calls it would have been over for me. He must have something. He might have a small pocket pair or A8. The exception for me would be if you know your opponent often calls the flop but often fold on another bet on the turn if he still couldn't improve his hand. Not many players give up on the river. Unless you haven't hit your draw. But the board didn't allow any draws. Because of this, it's often a waste of money to bluff on the river. Missed draws won't pay you off and better hands won't fold. But since you're posting this in the forum, I assume your bluff worked and Villian folded on your river bet.

B

BustedKing

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Apologies for the late reply. Thanks everyone for the thoughts, lots of stuff to think about.

Zirkzee, unfortunately no it didn't work and villain called with AQo which was a bit of a shock.