S

siwanat99

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
NL10
I always have problem with hands like QQ AK
Is it profitable to call 4-bet with AKs QQ when I call 4-Bet AKs and miss I don't know what to do and when I call 4-Bet QQ and I have overpair will u fold when facing bet 2-street? I always fold when facing bet 2-street

Do u 4-Bet AKo OOP IP

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Against tight players its often ok to fold AK to a 4-bet and especially a large 4-bet. And if you call and miss, its usually fine to just give up. Making a 4-bet is something entirely different than calling one, because you have fold equity. I often 4-bet AK, but there are spots like against very tight 3-betters, where it is better to just call the 3-bet or in the most extreme cases even fold. Like if someone is only 3-betting 1% over 4.000 hands.

Evan Jarvis

Evan Jarvis

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
NL10
I always have problem with hands like QQ AK
Is it profitable to call 4-bet with AKs QQ when I call 4-Bet AKs and miss I don't know what to do and when I call 4-Bet QQ and I have overpair will u fold when facing bet 2-street? I always fold when facing bet 2-street

Do u 4-Bet AKo OOP IP

It depends on your opponent, what their 3-bet range is, and how aggressive they are.

this is where having a program like pokertracker is very helpful. Vs high 3-bets 9-15% or high 4-bet stat >3% you should be willing to go with these hands more often.

Vs the super nits tho who have 3-bet of less than 6 and 4-bet of less than 2 then certainly folding these hands is ok.

also consider the positions, in later positions cutoff, button, blinds, you should be more willing to go with these hands as overpairs than you should in say utg vs utg+1 situation. (In some cases it also makes sense to just call your AK or QQ instead of 3-betting in those spots as well to avoid such situation).

Here are a few videos that I hope will help you out too, having good stats and an understanding of how to adjust to the different player types goes a very very long way!