What bankroll is needed for zoom poker 0.01$/0.02$ ?

christmasscorpion

christmasscorpion

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would like to find out what kind of bankroll is needed for zoom poker so that the risks of losing all funds are minimal and I can play and earn money how many buy-ins can be lost in zoom poker how much money can be earned on the distance, at the lowest zoom limit.0.01$/0.02$
I'm not a beginner and I have a pretty good understanding of the game but I've never played distance and I don't know if I can beat the lowest zoom limit of poker and I don't know what bankroll I'll need to play
all this time I played multi table and single table tournaments now I decided to try my hand at zoom poker

eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would like to find out what kind of bankroll is needed for zoom poker so that the risks of losing all funds are minimal and I can play and earn money how many buy-ins can be lost in zoom poker how much money can be earned on the distance, at the lowest zoom limit.0.01$/0.02$
I'm not a beginner and I have a pretty good understanding of the game but I've never played distance and I don't know if I can beat the lowest zoom limit of poker and I don't know what bankroll I'll need to play
all this time I played multi table and single table tournaments now I decided to try my hand at zoom poker

Thank U 4 posting

The real concern in playing zoom 1cent-2 cent poker is not bankroll but rake.
The rake will kill you the more you play.

If you run well early it is fine but if you try to grind it the rake is too great to overcome for 80_90% of players.

It is also not a good place to learn to play poker well as it is a fold until you see a good hand type of game preflop-then it is all coolers and big draw versus big hand post flop.

You would be better off grinding the cash tables 2 at a time with the same bankroll.

Hope this helps.
:):)

christmasscorpion

christmasscorpion

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thank U 4 posting

The real concern in playing zoom 1cent-2 cent poker is not bankroll but rake.
The rake will kill you the more you play.

If you run well early it is fine but if you try to grind it the rake is too great to overcome for 80_90% of players.

It is also not a good place to learn to play poker well as it is a fold until you see a good hand type of game preflop-then it is all coolers and big draw versus big hand post flop.

You would be better off grinding the cash tables 2 at a time with the same bankroll.

Hope this helps.

thank you for your help
what bankroll do you recommend for regular cash tables?

LevySystem

LevySystem

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It depends on how good you are really.
If you are a beginner i would recomend up to 50 BI for your limit. Id be confident starting with 20 BI or even less, but thats knowing i beat the games. 10 BI swings are pretty common. So if your game isnt that strong yet id stick to reg tables.

Then again impliying zoom is not beatable is simply wrong, just depends on how much effort and discipline you put into poker. If you want the easy money stick to Mtts or go work in RL. If you want to learn zoom is the place to go.

Last edited:
F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you dont want to deposit again, then you should start with at least 30BI or 60$ for 2NL. If you want more cushion and a chance to move to 5NL relatively fast, then start with 100$ or more. 2NL is really only for practicing, so especially with previous experience from tournaments you might not want to hang around there for to long.

As a cash game beginner Zoom is not the best choise, because these games tend to play very tight, and winrates will be lower than at regular tables. So until you are a proven winner at regular tables, Zoom is mostly just a way to risk losing your money faster. As for rake at 2NL, its actually very low on pokerstars at just 3,5% but high on some other poker sites like 888 Poker. So here it really pays to choose the right site to play on.

eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
thank you for your help
what bankroll do you recommend for regular cash tables?

Thank U 4 Posting

In order for us to know if we have a + ROI we have to play thousands of hands- all the while learning and growing.

So we need a bankroll that enables us to play thousands of hands- so a player that has no idea what their ROI is should have no less than 100 buy-ins.
Of course this does not matter if you can replenish your bankroll from outside sources.
So you could easily have 20 buy-ins to start knowing that you can add 20 more repeatedly
from a job.

You may start playing and start winning which means you did not need the 100 but the opposite is also true.

As another poster stated it also depends on your skill set.

Other players would suggest to you that you do not even bother playing 2c and start at 5c if you have skills and then using the 50 buy ins plan would be ok. Again the rake and variance is greater than most players expect.

Of course Cardschat has some great freerolls that help you build bankroll so I suggest you play in them as well as grinding cash. The good news is you can make errors in freerolls and they cost you only time not time and money.

Using the post a hand feature here on Cardschat will also help you grow very quickly so posting at least one hand after every session will turbo your success.

Hope this helps

S

suitedsadness

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would say that as someone who doesn't know how good they are yet, minimum bankroll would be 50 BI if you are being sensible, but it doesn't really matter because of how easy it is to get enough money to replenish your bankroll if you go bust. Also, zoom is not easy to beat, your odds would be at least a little better in 6max or fullring games.

_xgeb_

_xgeb_

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
AR
Chips
I don't like to put an exact number because it depends a lot on each one. But you should be looking for a buy-in amount in which you can play poker without thinking about money, and focus on doing a good job and making good decisions at the tables.
In NL 2 you can start with $ 60.

M

matiusaa

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi.
I used to play NL2 zoom at PS about 5 years ago. It depends on you relative skills vs the average pool, but I would play at least with 50$. The ideal scenario would be to play with 100 buy ins which are 200$. 50$ equals to 25 buy ins, if you are crushing this limit, that should be fine

C

crazycitizen

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think 100 BI is perfect.
The point is that it is so many buyins that you really can't lose to variance. If you are losing with 100 BI I would say it's 100% your fault and not variance.

With 30 or so buyins it can be really hard to tell what is skill and what is luck.

Also losing $2-10 when you have $200 doesn't mentally affect you much.
But losing $2-10 when you only have $50 can be surprisingly stressful.

shane4050

shane4050

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You can get away with 10 bi per table if your playing conservatively trying to build a roll but play more comfortably at 20-50. sit in the micros too long and you will become stuck. Either way cut your win rate in half and rake paid doubled and your now playing zoom lol good luck!

diego farfan

diego farfan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BO
Chips
The minimum you need to play in this mode is one dollar

I

iamKK

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

You should have at least 30BI BR but since you are just starting out I would suggest you to have at least 40-50BI BR which would be $80-$100.

Bankroll Building - Bankroll Management