What is a solid VPIP/PFR ratio fo $2 nlhe 6-max?

M

metameg

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So I have used a HUD to record 1,000 hands now and I was curious as to how far off the reccommended VPIP/PFR ratio I was.

I have read that optimally you want to strive for a VPIP of 15-25 and a PFR of just a few points smaller than the VPIP, so maybe 20-24.

Now my ratio is 30/24 over these thousand hands, indicating that I may be playing a bit loose.

I am wondering if the fact that I have been exclusively playing 6-max games as opposed to full ring games may be responsible for these numbers to be a bit looser than recommended.

Does it not make sense that you should be a bit more aggressive in a 6-max table since bluffing is a bigger part of the game, or am I just trying to justify my stats and should think about tightening up a bit?

PaxMundi

PaxMundi

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think something around 22-25 is best for the micros but a Lag style works for some.Just play say 10k hands with different styles and see what it does to your win rate.

Sergio_uy

Sergio_uy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
studying is always good and I think you should have about 10 thousand hands to know if you are on the right track or if you need to improve your game

Misaki

Misaki

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
there are no something like good looking stats. You can be succesful with 19/16, 29/26 or even 14/11 if you know what you are doing on the tables and get max value from it. If you play nl2 6max don't even think about bluffing much. It just doesn't work. The problem with many players on micro is that they start to focus much on areas they shouldn't. They want to play looser, they want to 3bet more, they want to have nice vpip/pfr, 3bet, ft3bet, but they dont understand that to be successful player on micro you should just focus mostly on good tables selection, valuebets, brm and volume. so ye. Probably play a bit tighter and play play and play.

C

carpoRotto

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
to be successful player on micro you should just focus mostly on good tables selection, valuebets, brm and volume. so ye. Probably play a bit tighter and play play and play.

Completely agree with you. But I play extremely loose. I am almost ashamed of putting my stats (but I have a very small sample 1000 hands).
I m like 42/36 :burnout:. So far so good, I'm winning an abnormal 46bb/100, which I perfectly know it is just because of the small sample.

I would like however to ask you if I really should tighten my game?

My strategy at micro is very simple, isolate the fish and make him pay.
I take note on regular TAG player and avoid confrontation with them, and try to play as many hands possible vs fish (limper, calling stations) in position.

Misaki

Misaki

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I m like 42/36 :burnout:. So far so good, I'm winning an abnormal 46bb/100, which I perfectly know it is just because of the small sample.

I would like however to ask you if I really should tighten my game?

well 1000hands is nothing and yes.. 42/36 is too much loose. I don't think it can be profitable at all vs many calling stations on these stakes. I had sessions 40-50bbs on 1000-1500 hands too but I know it was just a good run. its impossible to have that high winrate these days. Probably something like 15bb/100 on micro is a maximum. I don't know. The average from good winning players on micro is probably something between 7-10bbs/100. You can try to play very loose still but more you play then most regs will know you and they will adapt to you and vs fishes you will have many marginal and hard spots. On micro you should also consider high rake so playing more spots doesn't mean you will earn more. You have to know that if you want to play loose then you have to bluff more and be a good postflop player. As people on microstakes don't like to fold because most of them are calling stations then playing too loose is just a bad idea.

M

MrTerek

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
well 1000hands is nothing and yes.. 42/36 is too much loose. I don't think it can be profitable at all vs many calling stations on these stakes. I had sessions 40-50bbs on 1000-1500 hands too but I know it was just a good run. its impossible to have that high winrate these days. Probably something like 15bb/100 on micro is a maximum. I don't know. The average from good winning players on micro is probably something between 7-10bbs/100. You can try to play very loose still but more you play then most regs will know you and they will adapt to you and vs fishes you will have many marginal and hard spots. On micro you should also consider high rake so playing more spots doesn't mean you will earn more. You have to know that if you want to play loose then you have to bluff more and be a good postflop player. As people on microstakes don't like to fold because most of them are calling stations then playing too loose is just a bad idea.

I need to change my strategy after that)

C

carpoRotto

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks Misaki. I guess you are right. I have noticed that some regular start to 3-bet me more often. When I look at my opening range I think that those 1000 hands are just not enough however. I guess I just got a lucky run which results in high vpip and good win rate.

PokerDragon99

PokerDragon99

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Before you want to comapre now, you need a proper hand collection. 1000 isnt enough, to come across a good path.

For some people even 10k isnt a reasonable amount to compare directly.

Focus more on your play and try to play a bit tighter. Else that could go horribly wrong later