Waiting for big blind.

xmuggpokerx

xmuggpokerx

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
waiting for big blind when sitting in a cash game so the poker gods know you understand the value of money? anyone have some good superstitions.

M

Mauriliro

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
waiting for big blind when sitting in a cash game so the poker gods know you understand the value of money? anyone have some good superstitions.
I need to improve my skills playing cash game.... playing With the Money its crazy but its good

MARCANE

MARCANE

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'll start singing while I'm playing :idea:hahaha[/QUI

If memory serves me correctly, winner winner chicken dinner, is an old school superstition from Vegas. I'm not positive but I think it was TJ Cloutier who started the whole thing of saying this as a tournament was beginning for good luck.

Evan Jarvis

Evan Jarvis

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

I just wait for the big blind because I want to pay the fewest $ per hand I'm dealt.

The one other time it makes sense to post your first hand int he game is when it's a 9 handed table and you come in on the cutoff. Then you're only paying 1 bb for 7 hands, whereas coming in the bb normally you'd be paying 1.5bb for 10 hands.

A very slight savings, but it all adds up at the end of the day!

mt2lhd

mt2lhd

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think waiting for BB may give you some information from dynamic of the table, if you watch few hands on the table before you post any money you can make your decisions easier.

C

celtics33

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
2 things = lucky card protector and never count your chips or money at the table.

armoko

armoko

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm doing the same. And if I want to leave cash game table I'm waiting UTG position :)

zwbb

zwbb

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

If you join the game table and decide to start playing before it is your turn to put the big blind, you will need to pay this big blind, as this is your first round in this game and the big blind is mandatory. Why spend money in vain ???

M

MakTrue

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There is no superstition, but just waiting a couple of minutes will not be difficult)))

mkdrummey

mkdrummey

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I prefer to wait most of the time. Sometimes you will join a table and decide it's not for you. Better to get some idea of the players before committing anything. I play 6 max so I'm never waiting long to be dealt in if I decide to stay.

I

imhereforfreerolls

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
sometimes you gotta pay to get those pre bb KK