VPIP/PFR

J

johnoman

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm wondering what all of your takes are on a good VPIP/PFR for cash games. I'm still only playing at NL2 at the moment.
I don't want to move up too quickly. I was watching a couple Youtube videos earlier and I heard someone say "this guy isn't good as he had a 22/8 (VPIP/PFR)).

I only really have 2000 hands on Pokertracker for myself so not too sure whether my VPIP.PFr is very accurate yet.

vinnie

vinnie

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
22 isn't a horrible VPIP and 8 isn't always a horrible PFR. The reason we can assume this player isn't good is because of the gap between those numbers. It means this player is limping or calling with 14% of their hands... that's almost 2/3rds of the time they play without the initiative.

If this player had stats of 22/19 or 10/8, we would be less certain they weren't good. Although, the second group says "nit" and there's ways to take advantage of those people.

It's hard to say what is and isn't a good number. It depends on the game dynamics.

J

johnoman

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
22 isn't a horrible VPIP and 8 isn't always a horrible PFR. The reason we can assume this player isn't good is because of the gap between those numbers. It means this player is limping or calling with 14% of their hands... that's almost 2/3rds of the time they play without the initiative.

If this player had stats of 22/19 or 10/8, we would be less certain they weren't good. Although, the second group says "nit" and there's ways to take advantage of those people.

It's hard to say what is and isn't a good number. It depends on the game dynamics.

I see what you're saying - I hadn't thought of the two numbers in that way.