Originally Posted by ChuckTs
We could actually make a whole thread for like each of these situations. Way too general of a question, sorry NL
Yep, though some might not get many responses. Or maybe split into 2 or 3 threads by situation or something.
I realize that it's generalized, but it's not for making the decision, just what do you consider or include when making the decision.
I guess I could start with some of the ones I try to remember, and people could disagree/add:
- steal blinds; low VPIP as you say
- raise limpers; VPIP
- call PFR, PFR; if PFR is high, it means more garbage. I'm not sure how much and to what degree VPIP and total aggression should be considered if these are high as well.
- 3-bet; I think the same as with call PFR, looking for weak raising
- c-bet; I don't really use any of these, maybe I should? Maybe total aggression would indicate if they are likely to test the c-bet with air, or maybe that's stretching it.
- value bet; showdown percentage tells
me if they are calling stations/chasers
- call down with marginal; VPIP and total aggression, if both are high they play weak hands fast
- aggressively; same as above, which is something that I learned from Chuck.
I dunno if that helps much. I realize it is highly generalized, but these are just considerations, not determining factors.