TT from the BB 200bb deep

P

ps_komaklos

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hi guys
Here a hand from todays game. I'm curious how you would have played that spot.

UTG: regish-tight/passiv I saw some good plays from him. vpip 21/ pfr 15/ agg 34/ rfi 16(ep) . this was his first 4bet in the 200 hands we played.

My stats on that table 100h: vpip31/pfr27/agg80

https://www.weaktight.com/h/5c9a88ead3904387188b4701

No Limit Hold'em $0.01/$0.02
PokerStars
5 players

Stacks:
UTG - UTG (
$4.34) 217bb
CO - CO (
$2.00)
BTN - BTN (
$0.21)
SB - SB (
$2.00)
BB - Hero (
$5.63) 281bb

Preflop:(
$0.03, 5 players) Hero is BBwith T♣T♦UTG raises to $0.06, 3 folds, Hero raises to $0.20, UTG raises to $0.54, Hero calls $0.34

Flop:
K♥K♦9♣($1.09, 2 players - Hero: $5.09, UTG: $3.80)
Hero checks, UTG checks

Turn:
J♦($1.09, 2 players - Hero: $5.09, UTG: $3.80)
Hero checks, UTG checks

River:
6♣($1.09, 2 players - Hero: $5.09, UTG: $3.80)
Hero checks,
UTG bets $0.78, 1 fold, Uncalled bet of $0.78 returned to UTG

Total Pot:
$1.09
UTG wins $1.05

I thought about 5b/folding... I did think about donk/fold the flop... Turn, bet the gutshot... but didn't have the guts.
His 4b is kinda big and I'm not sure if its for fold equity or value...

If I was him with Kx or KK I would have checked behind against me for sure and just wait for my turn bet, same with 99, turn JJ probable also, with all the crap probably also but position... oro
My table image was kinda aggressive I guess, and I feared he could be trapping, like seen before a couple of times.

What, why, how
thx - cheers

Last edited:
SirYivx

SirYivx

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Smells a lot like Queens to me. I think he is definitely 4betting for value here. You are in the BB and can easily just flat his initial raise, yet you 3bet him, showing strength. He's not going to 4bet here as a bluff(at least he shouldn't) so you can put him at the top of his range. I'd narrow it down to AA, AK, QQ, 99, and JJ based on how he played post-flop. Possibly you can find a fold pre-flop given the fact he is a tighter player and hasn't 4bet to this point, and you aren't getting great odds to flop a set. But if you add AQ and 77-99 to his range I think a call is fine.

G

Gildog89

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would've flatted him pre to close the action and try to hit my set. Villain is tight passive, yet he opened UTG. I think his range is something like AQ+, JJ+. I get the 3-bet, but when villain 4-bets you, I think you have to fold.

P

ps_komaklos

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks for your answers. I think your right and i got pretty fixated on his 16% openings from utg and that he already folded a couple of times against my 3bets and at that moment I thought more about that he is fighting back and that my TT are good enough to flat because we are both deep. (Missing the obvious and overvaluing the the sample size)

B

blackburn44

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i think you should not flat againist a 4 bet with pocket pair. it is a shoove or fold situation. if he crazy opener or has a wide 4 bet range, you can go all-in preflop.

P

praevus

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Your table has only 5 players, so he is UTG/CO and when you play against 4 players you have to increase your range, so he can 4 bet with many hands even more against you that made fold other times.

With this information, I think he would do it only with a strong hand and most of the time would be in front of you, but if he knows your status, he can do it with a wide range.

I think that fold is best to do.

G

Gildog89

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i think you should not flat againist a 4 bet with pocket pair. it is a shoove or fold situation. if he crazy opener or has a wide 4 bet range, you can go all-in preflop.

We are talking about flatting the initial bet, not the 4-bet.

M

maxi_j

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Call preFold to 4bet
200 BB deep going all in would be mistake.

Lets say you thinking about set mining . And caled 4bet and flop

ATX

You dont get mutch (full stack) value from KK QQ JJ . AA beats you , you beat AK (maybee wil be in his range few AQ)

KTX You dond get mutch value from QQ JJ, You beat AA AK, betaen by KK.

QTX You dont get much from AK JJ. You will be beat by QQ. Extrakt value from AA KK

and so on..

so even if you hit set you will not always get value or will be set over set situation. Need to count all scenarios. Plus you are oop.

C

c0rnBr34d

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
His numbers look more TAG than passive to me but why are we flatting his first 4 bet from OOP? We aren't getting good enough odds to set mine IMO. Luckily he checked down to give us all the opportunities in the world to catch up. He may have been trying to induce with a monster though so maybe it's best we missed. I don't mind flatting pre or 3 betting but against a TAG or a Tight Passive I just don't see how calling the 4 bet this light can be long term profitable, especially OOP.

PaxMundi

PaxMundi

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Reasons for 3betting a tight passive UTG open with TT from the BB ? it's not a squeeze spot and were 200bb deep. If you think about this type of villains 4betting range and flatting range vs a 3bet from these psotions TT is not in good shape vs either. Just flat pre and keep villains range as wide as possible it's not a spot we really want to bloat the pot that quickly this deep vs this villain type.