villain: has been very aggressive throughout the session
$800 effective at 2/5

KQss in SB
V opens to $40, hero calls
K44 rainbow check/call $50
turn 10 check/call $100
river 10 check, V shoves

call? fold? and why?

What position was villain in? If he opened late position then KQs should be 3bet, specially from the SB.

Not know this information though it is a very polarized range and he either has the nuts or doesn't. Being a maniac I am more apt to call this as he could of it with a K or A as well. I give people credit for their range until they prove me wrong.

joebenigno

joebenigno

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What position was villain in? If he opened late position then KQs should be 3bet, specially from the SB.

Not know this information though it is a very polarized range and he either has the nuts or doesn't. Being a maniac I am more apt to call this as he could of it with a K or A as well. I give people credit for their range until they prove me wrong.

sorry, utg+1
obv the bet is polarized nothing or nuts IMO

joebenigno

joebenigno

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

this is also a 6-handed game due to COVID-19 restrictions

D

Dhendrixon

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
So this would be a LJ opening range which does contain pocket 4's, 10s, A10s, A4s and A10os. I would give credit for his range unless he proves me wrong. Also did you see him firing bluffs so you knew he was capable of firing a bluff like that?

Considering you would need to call $610 to win $1600 you would need 38% not accounting for rake. Giving Villain the below range that includes Ax and Kx hands and alot of 10x hands you only have 27%, so according to that its a fold.
KK+,TT,44,A2s+,K2s+,QTs,Q4s,JTs,J4s,T8s+,A2o+,K2o+,QTo,JTo,T8o+

joebenigno

joebenigno

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So this would be a LJ opening range which does contain pocket 4's, 10s, A10s, A4s and A10os. I would give credit for his range unless he proves me wrong. Also did you see him firing bluffs so you knew he was capable of firing a bluff like that?

Considering you would need to call $610 to win $1600 you would need 38% not accounting for rake. Giving Villain the below range that includes Ax and Kx hands and alot of 10x hands you only have 27%, so according to that its a fold.
KK+,TT,44,A2s+,K2s+,QTs,Q4s,JTs,J4s,T8s+,A2o+,K2o+,QTo,JTo,T8o+

he was opening a lot pre and bluffed the river twice with the nut flush draw
do you use equilab to calculate those odds? is there a better site?

D

Dhendrixon

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
he was opening a lot pre and bluffed the river twice with the nut flush draw
do you use equilab to calculate those odds? is there a better site?

I use equilal, even at 27% you can put a lot of other hands in his range (like JJ, 99 and other hands) and still not get close to to the equity you need to call. Fold and carry on to a new hand.

B

BatOneHat

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Fold

i would fold due to pair of 4’s showing.

G

gustav197poker

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In a live game and against an aggressive opponent this is more close to be called. Think that half of all the combos that beat you, you can also represent them. This is most likely when your calling range increases from the blinds.
From another perspective, your kicker protects you 77% of the time with respect to the minor scales of "kings". The previous experience you have with that player also goes a long way, to make better river decisions.
Greetings.