Too tight? or too loose?

Shells

Shells

Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Do you play too tight? or too loose?

One of the key leaks made by Vegas low-stakes cash game players is that they play far too many hands. They play about 70% more hands than the average online player (37% vs. 22%), and even those online players are too loose. Follow along with some insight given by Steve Selbrede.

Cash Game Strategy for the Rest of Us: How Tight is Right?

J

Johnkanon

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
At full ring my vpip/pfr is 16-13.
At 6-max it’s 22-19.

So i’m a tight player. Just started playing poker again and still struggling with post-flop decisions, so i’d rather stay on the tight side.

Hope this helps.

C

Cash2019

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello! I think that the range of hands should change from time to time, this technique balances the spectrum, making it difficult to read the hero’s hands. If the table is very tight, the hero can play in a lag style, if the table is very aggressive, then the best way is to use the tag style.

dimon4ik89

dimon4ik89

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I also think that the range of hands should change periodically, and it is better to do this more often. Professional players read a range of hands very quickly, because if you play tightly or loose all the time, then there will be no chance of winning against a strong player. It is very interesting to read the advice of successful players, and how often they change their range of hands.

BoyNamedSude

BoyNamedSude

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When I can't play tight, I'll settle for loose...under certain conditions...
I'd give you an interesting story about that, but we're in mixed company!

wyoming4paul

wyoming4paul

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Great example, got no cards last night in the first hour and a half. Still had 80% of my chips. Picked up kings, doubled up against a very loose player and ended up 3rd. If not for cracked aces would have won. Patience does pay off.

S

Smokewood

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Great example, got no cards last night in the first hour and a half. Still had 80% of my chips. Picked up kings, doubled up against a very loose player and ended up 3rd. If not for cracked aces would have won. Patience does pay off.

The article is talking about CASH games.

TheDude6622

TheDude6622

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This has been the one thing I have been trying to work on in my game. I always tend to be way too loose, whether it be a cash game or tournament. Being more patient and selective is vital in playing winning poker.

BoyNamedSude

BoyNamedSude

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
EF9Yn7VWwA0HA9C

Branimir84

Branimir84

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
HR
Chips
I play too tight. Something I am working on.

H

Heresthecooler

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I definitely play too tight. Then again, that also allows me to cash. The typical player will shove all-in preflop with AK. Why? It's difficult to cash with a ton of races.

Pokersolomdp

Pokersolomdp

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
All in

Too lazy, I'm working on it so as not to drop the chips too quickly gg