Tips on playing weak&medium AA hands in PLO

O

omribuch

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello everybody,

First of all this is my first message here so nice to meet you all and i hope i'm following the rules..

Anyway, any tips on how to play weak&medium AA hands in microstakes PLO?
I'm finding myself pretty clueless sometimes with these hands..
If it's weak AA hand like AA93rainbow i tend to not 3bet most of the time and sometimes fold to a pfr if im in bad pos. Not sure about whether to open raise from EP or Mp at all.
With a bit better hands like AAT2ss i will probably 3bet IP. And open raise mp-lp.
From EP i dont know.. same about how to play in front of an open raise oop.

It seems like if you 3bet (in micros), often you will find yourself in a 3-4way pot with only overpair on most flops - not a very satisfying situation.

Any advice on how to play these hands in micro-low stakes?

Thanks

pentazepam

pentazepam

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
SE
Chips
It is a very polarized type of hands.

I think that you are correct in that if you can't isolate them HU they are almost only good for hitting top set.

So either play them as cheap as possible by limping or just calling in late position. You play them for set-mining basically.

On the lower stakes people often can go broke with second or third set and they often think you would have raised if you had AA.

If you can get it all-in pre-flop HU they are still good enough for that, but it mostly happens against a short-stack.

So I would suggest try to see a cheap flop, And no set no bet if it is multi-way pot post flop.

eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello everybody,

First of all this is my first message here so nice to meet you all and i hope i'm following the rules..

Anyway, any tips on how to play weak&medium AA hands in microstakes PLO?
I'm finding myself pretty clueless sometimes with these hands..
If it's weak AA hand like AA93rainbow i tend to not 3bet most of the time and sometimes fold to a pfr if im in bad pos. Not sure about whether to open raise from EP or Mp at all.
With a bit better hands like AAT2ss i will probably 3bet IP. And open raise mp-lp.
From EP i dont know.. same about how to play in front of an open raise oop.

It seems like if you 3bet (in micros), often you will find yourself in a 3-4way pot with only overpair on most flops - not a very satisfying situation.

Any advice on how to play these hands in micro-low stakes?

Thanks

Thank U 4 Posting.

Congrats on your first post.

Your final statement is the reality of micro stakes PLO. AAxx wants to thin the field and does not. So we do not need to build pots OOP with hands with low equity vs the field. In no-foldem PLO all hands are drawing hands. 3-4 players are seeing the river so 12-16 cards make a lot of combos by the river. When that happens sets go way down in value. Even AAA sets.

AA93 rainbow improves to what on the flop AA-Axx A9-99x A3-33x A3-24x on any of those boards that have flush draws look out. If you have 3-4 callers you will have flush draws. Under fulls vs your set over fulls- bigger straights -straights vs sets. It is mine field of hands that you have to navigate all the while putting your stack on the line with no idea what the other 3 all-ins have. I say all-ins because that is what micro stakes villains do chase all-in. If you run good you make piles of chips. Seems to me you do not have that kind of run good.

The other point is we can get stacks in by the river vs non folding villains as even limped there are 4 BB's in pot with a pot lead we have 16BB's or more on turn so we can keep pots small preflop and not miss equity. Also we can realize equity when we check flop and get 3-4 to 1 to call OOP

In a wild game with multiple raisers preflop fold AAxx rainbow EP.

Hope this helps

:):)

O

omribuch

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips

I think that you are correct in that if you can't isolate them HU they are almost only good for hitting top set.

So either play them as cheap as possible by limping or just calling in late position. You play them for set-mining basically.

On the lower stakes people often can go broke with second or third set and they often think you would have raised if you had AA.

If you can get it all-in pre-flop HU they are still good enough for that, but it mostly happens against a short-stack.

So I would suggest try to see a cheap flop, And no set no bet if it is multi-way pot post flop.

Yup i think it's a good strategy.. will definetely implement.
Thank you!

@eetenor
Thank you! Usually the micros on the site i play are not that loose but sometimes they can get pretty crazy :p

D

dlam

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Good answer

Very polarizing hand. naked AA is not any thing special. I don’t raise with those. I tend to min raise AA ds/ss. Don’t go all in unless the 3bet or 4bet preflop puts me all in as the short stack or close to it that I’m all in on the flop. And rather do it against one opponent

D

dlam

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
All in if you are small stack
But deep stack strategy I think better to try to isolate preflop and jam flop if you are in position against a short stack that will not make a move Might save money if its wet heavy board on the flop as the deep stack against multi-way players

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands Poker Tips