Tips on playing mid-pair?

C

champ_mc99

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Do you guys have any tips on playing a mid pair (including a pocket pair) in and out of position against one villain?

My usual tactic in position is to make a 1/2 pot bet in position if he checks to me. If there's a straight/flush draw on the board I'll continue with the 1/2 pot bet on the turn and check the river. If there isn't a draw, i'd check the turn.

When out of position: i would make a 2/3 pot bet on the flop. if there's a draw I'd reduce the bet size to to 1/2 pot and check the river if villain still calls.

I'd only make bets if there's one overcard though.

Any tips? :)

S

spaceslave

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
First of all before any thing else try to think how you would play if you had the draws, if a set and how if nothing. Play all these scenarios in your head then start mixing some of these plays into how you play your hand, this will change your game and make you more unpredictable and harder to play against. If i was your opponent after a couple of show downs i could totally exploit you if you consistently played same hand in a same manner. keep this in mind.

diadiavalik

diadiavalik

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's very important how you played before this hand, just like the opponent did before. With such moves you can scare your opponent and not get your maximum. Sometimes you need to make a check to show the enemy a weak card.

C

champ_mc99

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
First of all before any thing else try to think how you would play if you had the draws, if a set and how if nothing. Play all these scenarios in your head then start mixing some of these plays into how you play your hand, this will change your game and make you more unpredictable and harder to play against. If i was your opponent after a couple of show downs i could totally exploit you if you consistently played same hand in a same manner. keep this in mind.

microstakes - only the regulars would really spot any consistencies

H

Hellokeko

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sounds about right, in a fast paced internet poker the chances of mid pairs being good is fair good

Poker Tips