Haze of Spade

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
888 Poker - $0.05 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

Hero (MP): 170 BB
CO: 118.4 BB (VPIP: 22.22, PFR: 14.29, 3Bet Preflop: 3.13, hands: 63)
SB: 92.2 BB (VPIP: 53.15, PFR: 2.45, 3Bet Preflop: 0.71, Hands: 885)

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.4 BB) Hero has K 6

Hero calls 1 BB, CO raises to 4.4 BB, SB calls 4 BB, Hero calls 3.4 BB

Flop: (14.2 BB, 3 players) 7 4 Q
SB checks, Hero checks, CO checks

Turn: (14.2 BB, 3 players) Q
SB checks, Hero bets 19.8 BB, fold, fold

Hero wins 13.6 BB

888 Poker - $0.05 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

Hero (CO): 136.6 BB
BTN: 122.2 BB (VPIP: 38.20, PFR: 25.28, 3Bet Preflop: 6.63, Hands: 6,502)
BB: 146.2 BB (VPIP: 20.84, PFR: 16.75, 3Bet Preflop: 5.94, Hands: 5,609)

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.4 BB) Hero has 8 7

Hero calls 1 BB, BTN raises to 4 BB, BB calls 3 BB, Hero calls 3 BB

Flop: (12.4 BB, 3 players) K 3 Q
BB checks, Hero checks, BTN checks

Turn: (12.4 BB, 3 players) A
BB checks, Hero bets 17.2 BB, fold, fold

Hero wins 11.8 BB

What do you think about it?:flute:

H

Haze of Spade

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i'm usually not limping but i saw that many players have problems playing right against limpers so i thought i just try it in a ballanced way (also to tilt them..)

Tenek26

Tenek26

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, in general, limp is a bad action, but if there are too many limpers in the pot, I see no reason to raise with medium-force hands, since in any case there will be a multi-pot. In the second example, you limped into the bank, where 2 loose-aggressive players play, it's no wonder that one of them made a 3bet, even without a strong hand. In this situation it is better to do 3bet the first.

J

Jack Reacher

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
That is called semi bluff and it has been invented many years ago.

H

Haze of Spade

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That is called semi bluff and it has been invented many years ago.

i'm talking bout the combination of limping and overbetting such a hand.
ok some fish might done that before but i dont think they have a plan. usually when i see that move they do it for value.

i understand why limping is bad and that its better to raise, win the pot right now, or enter the flop with initiative... but i think on a table without elite players it really can profitable!
only way to exploit that is to make a huge raise so i cant call and many make it even smaller... so i invest 1bb to maybe play the hand and when the conditions are right i just play like defending from the BB but without a capped range.
also i get to see more flops where i would fold to a 3bet pre. already cracked AA like that!

but cant really say yet if i'm winning because there is crazy variance and weird spots im not used too..

Alucard

Alucard

Santoryu
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the problem with your strategy is it's heavily polarized towards bluffing. You aren't playing any value hands like that.
Also fish don't really like to fold and also once someone figures you bluff this way it'd be very profitable for them to trap you in some sort.
Also I don't think it's very profitable on the long run even if it works 100% of the time.
Because you'd be folding the flop most of the time to another's cbet

lets say it works 1/4 times and you fold flop/turn 3/4 > you limp And someone raises 4BB another calls.(This is disregarding the turn bet success)
When you fold you lose 400BB/100 > thrice
When you win you win 800BB/100 > once

so it sums up to > -400BB/100
We could add in the blinds but still it'll be a negative

I'm not sure if my math is correct but I think it is or at least close to it.

wyoming4paul

wyoming4paul

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A lot of times the best way to win a hand is to be the first one betting. I love betting the turn when a pair hits and no one is betting. Very profitable.

C

c0rnBr34d

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I really dislike it. Are you only overbetting turn when the flop checks through? I don't expect the flop to check through often enough for this to be profitable. Even if it does, we are out of position to the PFR both hands. The times the PFR checks back a strong hand on the flop we are toast. The times the PFR bets flop we are toast. The times someone else donk leads flop or turn we are toast. We are risking 4+ BB OOP and hoping that everyone misses so we can run an overbet semi bluff OTT. What about the times we don't pick up a draw on the turn? Are we still overbetting then?

I'd be more on board if we were in position or heads up. I feel like these two hands are the exception and that over 100 such hands we will be losing money long term.

C

ChicoRSC

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Congratulations... that`s new ...

Maybe in the future u can try the bluff....