re: Poker & Taking time to play hand in MTT
You can use the slow strategy for several tactics.
- One, to take a measured pace on every hand you act on you usually will raise or fold in the same slow manner.
- Two, you can use it to annoy those who are already impatient and want to get their money all in quickly.
- Three, you can use it to identify those who are less patient so you can alter your strategies against them when you are in hands to get at them.
- Four, there is a theory out there that the fewer hands you play in a tourney, the better your chance of making a cash. I think its somewhat true, but only have anecdotal evidence to support it now, no real hand proof.
- Five, you may try to record evidence of other players and how they play each hand they are in. It takes some time to take those notes.
I'm sure there are other reasons I cannot think of right now (my brain is tired and I will soon head to bed). But thats some of what I can think of.
Find a way that you enjoy playing and then take advantage of others in your game. Good luck!