VVi10

VVi10

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
How can i do a good table selection, in those wichs, have high averages pot or those wich low average pot? And about the number of players on the flop?

S

siwanat99

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I marked a fish and find them try to sit on their left just only 1 fish with 100BB stack is enough and I change when they're gone or they're short-stack . I join waiting list every table that has a fish that I marked and if I get seat on their left then I choose it

Aballinamion

Aballinamion

Sleeping with the Dark Lady of the Sith
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Table Selection

How can i do a good table selection, in those wichs, have high averages pot or those wich low average pot? And about the number of players on the flop?

Hello there VVi10, thank you for your question.
A good table selection begins with you/Hero having position over weaker players. As a rule of thumb it is good to have recreational on your right, thus you will always have position over them and decide whether is better to call or 3-bet.
Following the same logic, it is good to have tight players and nits on your left, because they are going to overfold preflop and then you can take a lot of pots in optimal spots, i.e, CO x BTN/SB/BB, BTN x SB/BB, SB x BTN, BB x SB, SB x BB etc.
Tables with high average pots are tables where the variance will be higher since players are stackin off more than normal. As much more players on the flop worst the table, because players are not folding to steal very much and/or limp-calling more than normal.
We want optimal spots postflop i.e, heads-up pots where we have position over weak players, either recreational who have no ideia about postflop game or tights who will overfold preflop and postflop in some board textures.

Regards;

Carlos 'Aballinamion' Barbosa

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You want loose action, so a high players per flop number is definitely good, and also a large average pot size. As others have said, your position is also important. For this reason I always tag players, when I have 20 hands or more on them on my HUD. And if I can see, that the vacant seat has loose players on the left but tight players on the right, that might make me pick another table.

You also need to continue the process of table selecting after being dealt into the action. If it turns out, your table now only has tight players, then you should also get out and find another table. This is especially important when using waiting lists, because often a seat becomes available, because the biggest fish has left. So when you get on the table, your main reason for going on the waiting list might be gone.

For that reason its also a good idea to jump on starting tables if possible. And if multible seats are available, then pick one, where you get position on players, you have tagged as fish. Or not tagged but who are sitting with a broken stack, since this is a relatively reliable fish tell.

L

ledris

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The best tables are the ones that have big pots. That means most of players are playing loose and if you play when you have real strength you can take value!