Table Selection

M

metameg

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have been playing micro stakes on ACR, and was wondering how in depth you should look at selecting tables to sit at. Currently, I just sit at the first available seats at the stakes I am looking for, as I am usually pretty eager to just start playing.

Now the table lobby on ACR only gives you the following info on each table:

Players
Waiting List
H/Hr.

All I look at is to make sure the table has an open spot and is not too short handed (4+ players).

Is there something else ya'll look for when selecting a table to play at? I'm playing micros if that matters.

T

trent32la

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If the avg. pot size is large relative to the other tables at a certain table, there is a very good shot a big fish is sitting at the table. Smaller avg. pot sizes are more in line with nitty tables.

H

hellomynameiswhat

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play on ACR. It has ave pot size.

belka2203

belka2203

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When I choose a table, I look at the number of people - so that the table is well filled. And I also watch how many banks are played (for 9max - 35% and more). This shows that there are a lot of fish at the table.

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Table selection is the most important thing you can do. Maybe try taking color coded notes. Just being at a table with fish makes a big difference.

well_cap1302

well_cap1302

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think trying to identify the pattern of each player is the most important, so you will know how and when to act with them when they are in the pot fight.

B

benitwapasu

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
if there are one or two players that have way more money than their max buy in then you know they have been winning and might be good players..pick a different table

ScooperNova

ScooperNova

Hair in a Biscuit
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I like playing faster tables with larger average pots. This is all shown in the lobby. I also look for gamblers I know, but it's usually a bunch of nitty regs.

57noona

57noona

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I look for the pot size and the number of players at the tables.

B

babboonnexx

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i always sit behind chip lead as they are the most likely to make plays that I could potentially re raise/ save myself a re raise.

kasra32

kasra32

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I also pay attention to the number of players and the amount of their bank and other things to enter the first table...