playtheman

playtheman

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
good strategy for dealing with them?
i mean these people are limping KQ TT 99 88 (Some AK AQ)

but i mean nobody is raising unless they have a super good hand.

KK QQ AA

how can i take advantage of this?

i am pretty much just waiting for my cards to hit, and i dont like this because its just playing the lotto. (but they are calling stations so i can make money value betting) which is fine until im sitting for over an hour watching my stack slowly going down.

jaworek1405

jaworek1405

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
good strategy for dealing with them?
i mean these people are limping KQ TT 99 88 (Some AK AQ)

but i mean nobody is raising unless they have a super good hand.

KK QQ AA

how can i take advantage of this?

i am pretty much just waiting for my cards to hit, and i dont like this because its just playing the lotto. (but they are calling stations so i can make money value betting) which is fine until im sitting for over an hour watching my stack slowly going down.

Sometimes people say to punish limpers, so if you see limpers you should raise and make bet on the flop, turn and river. Limper is a weak player (beginner), so you should put a pressure on him.

playtheman

playtheman

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sometimes people say to punish limpers, so if you see limpers you should raise and make bet on the flop, turn and river. Limper is a weak player (beginner), so you should put a pressure on him.

yeah its in 4nl so I assume they are weak players.
But when you raise with aq suited after someone limps then they call, and the flop is 10 8 2 rainbow and then c bet they call , so im just betting with air. so that cant be right if they call when i have nothing.
i fired a second barrel when a king came off but got reraised all in

Aleksei

Aleksei

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just play a slightly loose/merged range, that's ahead of limpers' range when it hits. As a general rule, vs most fish you're usually ahead when you hit top pair with: no kicker (1 fish in), 5 kicker (2 fish in), 8 kicker (3 fish in), J kicker (4 fish in), top kicker (5+ fish in). So, playing stuff like Q7s, K4s, etc. is worth your while (just don't play them offsuited, because then literally the only way you can flop well is by hitting top pair to ONE card).

Also for future reference this happens LOADS more at FR than 6max. So if you're in FR at a loss on how to handle multiple fish in pot (it's not that hard), give 6max a try. ;)

RodneyC86

RodneyC86

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No bluffy.

Also, when some of these guys raise pre, they have a hand they will happily shove any flop. Yes, even A high boards with QQ in their hole.
Set mine them to hell if their stack is big enough.

playtheman

playtheman

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Just play a slightly loose/merged range, that's ahead of limpers' range when it hits. As a general rule, vs most fish you're usually ahead when you hit top pair with: no kicker (1 fish in), 5 kicker (2 fish in), 8 kicker (3 fish in), J kicker (4 fish in), top kicker (5+ fish in). So, playing stuff like Q7s, K4s, etc. is worth your while (just don't play them offsuited, because then literally the only way you can flop well is by hitting top pair to ONE card).

Also for future reference this happens LOADS more at FR than 6max. So if you're in FR at a loss on how to handle multiple fish in pot (it's not that hard), give 6max a try. ;)
I only play 6max, i like a bit of action (within reason)
No bluffy.

Also, when some of these guys raise pre, they have a hand they will happily shove any flop. Yes, even A high boards with QQ in their hole.
Set mine them to hell if their stack is big enough.

yeah i layed down JJ after someone shoved, they had 88 , this is preflop
also i just played a hand where i raised pre and had a guy call me down with 10s on a queen high board (i am no longer bluffing these tables)

EDIT: just did what you said , someone 3 bet their aces i called with 77, checked it then they cbet 38 cent 1 person called then i shoved, and the original raiser bullied the other person out of the pot (lucky for me :) )

Last edited:
Beanfacekilla

Beanfacekilla

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you find yourself at a table full of limpers, raise when you enter the pot.

Do not bluff fish.

If you get raised by a passive fish, you had better have a monster to continue. If you have top/top, and the guy who check/calls and limps constantly is now raising, top/top is probably no good.

Put pressure on, but I would recommend semi-bluffing at most. No stone cold bluffs. Calling stations call. Like someone said earlier Q-Q on ace high board, they will snap all in with that.

Just remember, don't bluff the calling stations. I can't stress that enough.

Only my $0.02

playtheman

playtheman

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you find yourself at a table full of limpers, raise when you enter the pot.

Do not bluff fish.

If you get raised by a passive fish, you had better have a monster to continue. If you have top/top, and the guy who check/calls and limps constantly is now raising, top/top is probably no good.

Put pressure on, but I would recommend semi-bluffing at most. No stone cold bluffs. Calling stations call. Like someone said earlier Q-Q on ace high board, they will snap all in with that.

Just remember, don't bluff the calling stations. I can't stress that enough.

Only my $0.02

they call 4 bets with 2,3s

great when you hit, shit when you miss.

so i should c bet made hands and draws right? not blank flops

Last edited:
Beanfacekilla

Beanfacekilla

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
they call 4 bets with 2,3s

great when you hit, shit when you miss.

so i should c bet made hands and draws right? not blank flops

I am no expert.

I would bet made hands hard.

I would exercise pot management in situations where you have draws. If you can see a free card (hopefully you are playing position), take the free card. Don't bloat the pot all up. If you miss, you certainly aren't going to take it down with a bluff.

All just my $0.02

Edit: basically in my opinion, you should play straight forward ABC poker when you play against fish. No fancy schmancy stuff. Bet when you have it, protect it when you don't.

Aleksei

Aleksei

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm a fan of blocker betting vs stations with draws. If I bet something like 40% pot or 1/2 pot or whatever I'm comfortably giving myself odds to draw, and then when I hit I can bet big and take down a LOT more money than if I'd just taken the free card.

The sweet thing about NLHE is that at the same % of the pot bets rise exponentially in actual size on each street, so implying your odds becomes a very simple matter. For instance, if you bet $10 into a $20 pot and villain calls and you have a FD, you just need to extract an extra $17 from him when you hit the following street to make drawing instantly profitable.

Last edited:
Beanfacekilla

Beanfacekilla

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm a fan of blocker betting vs stations with draws. If I bet something like 40% pot or whatever I'm comfortably giving myself odds to draw, and then when I hit I can bet big and take down a LOT more money than if I'd just taken the free card.

An excellent point.

Every situation is dynamic also. There are many ways to skin a cat I suppose.

Aleksei

Aleksei

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You can blocker bet vs any particularly passive opponent in fact. The move's even better vs weaktight nits because you'll get a ton of folds immediately, plus you know if villain raises it's the nuts, and if he calls he'll call all three and you can print money when you hit. :D

RodneyC86

RodneyC86

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm a fan of blocker betting vs stations with draws. If I bet something like 40% pot or 1/2 pot or whatever I'm comfortably giving myself odds to draw, and then when I hit I can bet big and take down a LOT more money than if I'd just taken the free card.

The sweet thing about NLHE is that at the same % of the pot bets rise exponentially in actual size on each street, so implying your odds becomes a very simple matter. For instance, if you bet $10 into a $20 pot and villain calls and you have a FD, you just need to extract an extra $17 from him when you hit the following street to make drawing instantly profitable.

This actually can work versus hardcore stations. i used to not do this because of my own hubris of not wanting to appear like a fish with "pissing to water the garden" type of bets.

They will call a massive valuebet often enough at the lowest stakes.

playtheman

playtheman

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

ok lets say we hold JTs on the button , we 3 bet and get 1 caller (a station)

flop is Kh Qs 4s. villain checks. we bet half pot and villain calls
next card is 2c
how much of the pot do we bet now if the villain checks? or if the villain bets out what is the correct play here?

Aleksei

Aleksei

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'd check back. We aren't getting many folds when we bet a random brick like that because we aren't repping anything scary, so betting fundamentally costs us money and we already bloated the pot a bit if we bink the river.

If he bets, I peel any amount with flush+OESD, and anything less than like 2/3 pot with just the OESD (not clear whether we have a combo draw here?). If we hit and he checks we bomb full pot, and raise if he bets.

Beanfacekilla

Beanfacekilla

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'd check back. We aren't getting many folds when we bet a random brick like that because we aren't repping anything scary, so betting fundamentally costs us money and we already bloated the pot a bit if we bink the river.

If he bets, I peel any amount with flush+OESD, and anything less than like 2/3 pot with just the OESD (not clear whether we have a combo draw here?). If we hit and he checks we bomb full pot, and raise if he bets.

Yeah FD and OESD we are about 33% against something like a K-10 off suit (a hand a calling station may check call the entire way).

If we are just open-ended, we would be around a 4-1 dog here on turn. Calling 2/3 pot with OESD against say top/mediocre is a losing play in the long term (I am pretty certain, correct me if I am wrong).

Aleksei

Aleksei

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If we are just open-ended, we would be around a 4-1 dog here on turn. Calling 2/3 pot with OESD against say top/mediocre is a losing play in the long term (I am pretty certain, correct me if I am wrong).
We have implied odds. When we call a 2/3 pot we're getting about 2.5:1, so if we bink the river we can relatively easily extract the extra money from a villain who's already shown initiative.

Beanfacekilla

Beanfacekilla

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
We have implied odds. When we call a 2/3 pot we're getting about 2.5:1, so if we bink the river we can relatively easily extract the extra money from a villain who's already shown initiative.

Yeah . We are talking about stations and all that. Somewhat of a safe assumption we can extract some value if we hit. Touche.....

playtheman

playtheman

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

mad this mistake of betting a semi dud turn

aq of clubs

k27 club club heart
q of spades on the turn and i semi bluffed again , i raised from the button and got called by k9 off suit who 3 bet preflop from the bb
it doesnt cross these peoples minds that i could be holding ak and value betting the shit out of him , he was flat check calling, i should have just checked it down from the turn.

ended up sinking money as i missed

Beanfacekilla

Beanfacekilla

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
mad this mistake of betting a semi dud turn

aq of clubs

k27 club club heart
q of spades on the turn and i semi bluffed again , i raised from the button and got called by k9 off suit who 3 bet preflop from the bb
it doesnt cross these peoples minds that i could be holding ak and value betting the shit out of him , he was flat check calling, i should have just checked it down from the turn.

ended up sinking money as i missed

Calling stations and fish are rarely folding top pair. With their level of thinking, they seldom consider what their opponent is holding.

SyKoChiller

SyKoChiller

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
These crazy limpers are likely a by-product of the fast paced any two cards mentality of online play. After playing thousands of hands getting called, raised & even re-raised only to see your opponent turn over nothing but air, you will without much thought start calling or even raising hands you would normally be folding. Until you see how much $ it cost you making such poor moves anyway.
I would just play extremely tight & aggressive against them. Fold most hands and hammer down when you have good ones. Once they see you take the pot away with premium hands a few times they may get the message.

Last edited:
aa88wildbill

aa88wildbill

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You could try finding their folding range, but it's not gonna be easy each one of them is probably different. Me personally I think I would find another table. It's easy enough to handle two or three limpers, but when you're talking about 5 through 10 limpers it can be very difficult. You're better off waiting until you have more experience.

J

jcdagenius

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you will have to raise often and be careful of 3bets from limpers....very trappy