Submitted for your approval (A Joose LAG session)

joosebuck

joosebuck

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
below is the latest session of me trying out being lag. i do a lot of ribbing and general shit talking which helps me to get calls, but the constant pressure mixed with general hatred towards me from other players usually ends well. any critiquing or general discussion is welcome. i took off the first part of the session, because it's pretty much me just ****ing around at a table of CCers. the real LAG didnt start until it was just FP/Sticker and I left. (and really really not until it was just me)

enjoy.

Attachments

• LAG.zip
    18.4 KB · Views: 78
vanquish

vanquish

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I was still watching a bit when it was just you. My favorite part was when you started making fun of Ibanez :)

joosebuck

joosebuck

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yeah most of the ribbing is in the chat in that zip, hahaha. i love it

NineLions

NineLions

Advanced beginner
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
lol

Thanks TRex, interesting viewing.

shinedown.45

shinedown.45

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
very nice joose, lmfao "I'll make you my pet, I'll call you Sam"
very entertaining, thanks for the laugh.

Schatzdog

Schatzdog

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Man you're annoying.

That stuff about Ibanez is hilarious though.

Got a couple questions for you? How much are you prepared to lose to set up your maniac image or do you just pick a table that you think will end up paying you off when you hit? Second question is about your equity curve. Do you get huge drawdowns playing like this or is it generally a smooth rising curve?

Cheers

joosebuck

joosebuck

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
at 50max no one knows how to play vs a good lag. shit even at 100max i had no trouble, although i was more scared playing there.

i let myself "donk off" between 1-2 buyins to see if i can get the table to loosen up. once you get under their skin you can see if they are opening up their reraise/call ranges to marginal hands, and from there you just wait to stack them. if you notice, not once did i get the vast majority of the money in behind. i was ahead or was coinflipping each time if i remember correctly. people just foam at the mouth to take down a LAG, and that's what makes it so profitable.

secondly, since i take down so many pots uncontested, it's a gradual climb up with small spikes back down when someone gets the gusto to reraise me. just pay attention to when they start reraising with more than just huge hands. that's the person you are going to get chips from. and never stop betting/raising. even in my overpair/flopped set/flopped trips/draws/made hands i was betting out, and that's why it's so dangerous.

any other questions, feel free to ask....

ChuckTs

ChuckTs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Whatever happened to Jeff Goldblum?

joosebuck

joosebuck

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
he made igby goes down. that movie is hilarious.

ChuckTs

ChuckTs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Real question: how big is your bankroll?

I was experimenting (way above my BR limits) with a maniacal style at 50max over at FTP, but of course dropping a couple buyins to lay an image down isn't as much of an option when you've only got the standard 20 buyins (or less).

NineLions

NineLions

Advanced beginner
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Do you multitable this?

I would think it's hard to do with all the chat you're throwing in there. Mind you, I've seen how fast you type though.

joosebuck

joosebuck

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
nah usually just 1 table lag to keep track of who im going to bust more easily. you really have to pay attention to who is going to give you action. if i play other tables at the same time, it's TAG.

gamedemon

gamedemon

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Joosebuck - you are hilarious... that is some funny stuff in there. You really got at least 2 of them going and forced their play with all of your LAGing.

Schatzdog

Schatzdog

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What/Who are your biggest threats when playing this style?

Wont a good TAG take you apart?

joosebuck

joosebuck

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
a good TAG, not really. they might sting me a bit in one pot, but it's usually for way less value than they could get.
what i'm worried about is a tricky TAG. i'm very careful when entering a pot with someone i've noted as passive. someone that just check/calls down with tptk/2p+

DeadoneD1

DeadoneD1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
take my chips and shut your mouth tough guy

I ONLY SHUT MY MOUTH WHEN IM ABOUT TO KISS YOUR DAD

ROFL

joose you are too too funny..I would love to play at your table.

joosebuck

joosebuck

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
haha thank you, i really appreciate that. playing like that gives me a lot of joy. sometimes i'm sitting here and i have to ask myself, "self, did i really just say that?" because of the randomness of some of the things i say.

DeadoneD1

DeadoneD1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey Joose! you playing in the bodog freeroll today?

I would like to see the T REX eats some pet goats.

joosebuck

joosebuck

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i would love to. but as a favor today, im taking a non-driving friend to run some errands.

DeadoneD1

DeadoneD1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
cool... will catch you next week maybe

Schatzdog

Schatzdog

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah, tricky/good TAG is sort of the same thing in my mind. Surely you'd sit and wait, make a set and then trap you?

So you need to make the occassional excellent fold against the right opponent, but otherwise just steamroll the table. Interesting.

NineLions

NineLions

Advanced beginner
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I just ran across the closest I've seen to a LAG player at the level I play at.

60+, 30, 3. When I sat down he had one full buy in. Some 60 hands later he had quadrupled. Liked to show his hands when he had good hands, just to keep people thinking he was always playing great hands.

I was remembering this thread and trying to figure out how to play back at him but never had something to work with.

joosebuck

joosebuck

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
constant over-shoving. the majority of lags will raise and reraise with garbage but will not call shoves with it.

NineLions

NineLions

Advanced beginner
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Is preflop the time to shove?

I'm thinking that if I cold-call and shove the flop, unless I hit the flop hard, he might have hit it just as hard as me or better. Plus, if I do hit the hand hard, it's better to let him bet into me, which is what I was waiting for.