Stacking off pre for 100 BBs: 6-max or LAG games
Let's talk about stacking off preflop for roughly 100 BBs or so.
Obviously we are always looking to get it in pre with AA and we'll be happy getting it in with KK 95% of the time, not so happy about it but getting it in anyway the other 5%.
Depending on the action, I usually get it in with QQ pre if we can, although we're nervous about it.
This is a marked evolution from my days as a FR nitwit, when I'd typically fold QQ to 4-bets.
Against a normal 4-bet/stack off range of JJ+/AK, AA obviously dominates, with huge dropoffs to KK and QQ:
With QQ, we are in the unfortunate situation of being in a flip at best in many occasions, but with 47.3% equity against this range, we are often getting the right price to play with money already in the pot.
Now: AKs and AKo. AKs has 42.8% equity against this range, and AKo has 39.8%.
Note that if we can ever include AQ in a 4-bettor's range, AK is now more than 50%, just behind QQ's 51% equity. (this, incidentally, is a huge reason why it's usually never wrong to get it in with AK in tournament play, as we usually don't have anything close to 100 BBs and our opponent's ranges are almost never as tight as JJ+/AK.)
Again, with AK we are usually getting the right price to shove even with only 40%-43% equity.
Fold equity: Of course, all hands have fold equity, depending on how we play them, but with AK our fold equity is great because we often play it all-in in order to see all 5 cards. There are plenty of people who want to play QQ/JJ more cautiously and see a safe flop before stacking off. The advantage AK has is as a semibluff; you will often make better hands fold, while with JJ you are basically never folding out a better hand.
Now, what do we do with JJ?