Small Bankroll Suggestions

Killdalimper

Killdalimper

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I started at $30 and currently im sitting at $200. I built my bankroll by mostly playing MTTs. I've been playing NL2 for a while and I think I'm sort of over rolled for this stake? Plus the rake is brutal! What are your suggestions for playing higher stakes and what would limit should I be playing with my current BR without going broke after a few losing sessions?
Also, what do you think of short stacking instead of buying in for full? Say, instead of buying in for $10 at nl10 I buy in for $4. What BR strategy do I need to follow for short stacking?

Last edited:
TheDude6622

TheDude6622

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
That is an awesome job so far! Keep doing what you're doing! What buy-ins are you playing in the MTT? If you're looking to take a chance, try betting 20% of your bankroll for a MTT.

As for cash games, I always buy-in for the max. You want to be able to maneuver and make loose calls at certain points if it calls for it instead of going all in. I find that more people call shoves than calling big raises when someone has the max buy-in.

Best of luck and keep it up!

Killdalimper

Killdalimper

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That is an awesome job so far! Keep doing what you're doing! What buy-ins are you playing in the MTT? If you're looking to take a chance, try betting 20% of your bankroll for a MTT.

As for cash games, I always buy-in for the max. You want to be able to maneuver and make loose calls at certain points if it calls for it instead of going all in. I find that more people call shoves than calling big raises when someone has the max buy-in.

Best of luck and keep it up!

I only play $1 MTTs. I have taken a few shots at $2 and $4 ones which didnt quite work out. Honestly I'd rather grind SNGs than MTTs but as you know they're almost non existent for micro stakes and take ages to fill up on ACR! Regarding the 20% shot taking at MTTs , I think it's way out of my league, plus they're just too high in variance and lets not get me started on 12-20 levels of late reg which is ridiculous!
What do you think about cash games tho, what limit do you think Im properly rolled for?

M

matiusaa

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would play at 5 NL with 400$, so I would just continue playing 2 NL, or small stakes MTTs until I hit something that boosts me to 400$. Rake is also high on 5NL, so you'd better have lots of buy ins before jumping there

I

Index12

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
IIRC the cut off point for moving up is at 20 buy-ins currently so you may want to look at that but I’m not too certain on that. You’re probably rolled for 10NL and definitely rolled for the stakes below that.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I recommend 30 BI for cash games, so 200$ is certainly good enough for 5NL but not really 10NL. Maybe if you see one particular 10NL table in the lobby, that look especially good, you can take it, but 10NL should not be your main game with a 200$ roll.

I am not a huge fan of buying in short. If you want to move from tournaments to cash games, you should learn to play with deeper stacks, because this is, what cash games are all about. There are a few regulars in the 10-20NL cash games on 888, who buy in short, but all the best regulars buy in full.

T

TpaEnforcement

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yea I have learned , to buy in full on betonline poker. Playing short stacked is harder in cash games. Seems like you lose, more playing cash as well and faster. I am not a big fan playing cash anymore.

C

Criminal Bizzy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The general recommendation is to have at least 30 buy-ins for what ever game you are playing. You could easily play 5NL but I would suggest to start out at 2 NL if you can. The variance in winning/losing with your current bankroll will give you some cushion on the downswings.

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I think the acceptable risk this is 1-2% of the deposit per day. I think a good option for a small bankroll is satellites.

Bankroll Building - Bankroll Management