J

Jordansimo

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi guys, 6 max 10nl

CO (91bbs) opens 2.5x in the CU, I 3-bet on the button with ATcc

Flop is QJ5ccc giving me the nuts. I bet 1/3 pot, turn is Jh, I bet 3/4 pot. River is 8c and I shove for just under pot and lose to QJdd

Not overly tilted about it but wonder if I should have just checked the river given it was a paired board and saved myself a few chips? Or is it just a whatever lets move on?

Last edited:
Poker_Mike

Poker_Mike

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi guys, 6 max 10nl

CU (91bbs) opens 2.5x in the CU, I 3-bet on the button with ATcc

Flop is QJ5ccc giving me the nuts. I bet 1/3 pot, turn is Jh, I bet 3/4 pot. River is 8c and I shove for just under pot and lose to QJdd

Not overly tilted about it but wonder if I should have just checked the river given it was a paired board and saved myself a few chips? Or is it just a whatever lets move on?

In these situations I always ask the better who is calling your river bet?

The board was paired on the turn and he called a 2/3 pot bet.

At that point I would be very very concerned with his flat call.

On the river he either has air - a situation that he can NOT call or he could have a straight, trip JJJ, or a full house with 55 or QJ. He could also easily have 2 pair with a pocket pair of some kind.

Maybe AQ or KQ would pay you hoping that you missed your club draw? Maybe a flopped straight or trip JJJ would pay you.

Beware of paired boards !!

Good luck !

NCDaddy

NCDaddy

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Agree with Poker_Mike. Flat call on the turn with that board should've set off alarm bells. Check on the river is probably appropriate UNLESS dude is a calling station and will call with a straight on that board.

Poker_Mike

Poker_Mike

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi guys, 6 max 10nl

Been thinking about this a little bit and an inferior flush will pay you.

What range of hands did you put him on by the river?

LevySystem

LevySystem

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi guys, 6 max 10nl

I think this is just a cooler. You're playing vs a recreational most likely since V has a broke stack, and at nl10 I see plenty of value that is calling you there. So if he has it there, NH, let's shuffle up.